Author Topic: CNYWeather has joined  (Read 6721 times)

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
CNYWeather has joined
« on: September 24, 2008, 01:37:00 PM »
I've joined also. The NWS in Binghamton, NY has been to my place
and tomorrow is installing a 4" rain gage for me. I'm gonna be the new
Coop Observer for our area now that they moved our airport.

:-)
Tony

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
Re: CNYWeather has joined
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 05:46:12 PM »
Great News!
I don't honestly know if there is anyone close to my area that participates in that program.. Need to check into that. Might be something for me to consider..

Wayne
www.smythweather.net
CW8217

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

rikostan

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 07:20:22 PM »
I just got my email reply too. I need to buy one of their rain gauges, but other than that *small* detail I am ready to go. I am in Rose Ny, so not horribly far away.

Offline NiceBill

• Forecaster
  • Texas Township, Illinois
    • Texas Township, Clinton, Illinois 61727  Weather
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 07:32:12 PM »

Generally, if one participates-attends a training program held at and in a NWS station, they have official 4" rain gauges they will give you.  Much better than you will ever buy.  Folks should look into attending a class at there local station I know they are available that way.  Worth attending.

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :grin:   
[note: Bill passed away December 31, 2008 -- Rest in Peace Bill, you'll be missed!]

Offline tweatherman

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 08:24:21 PM »
CNYN,
NWS doesn't install 4" rain gauges for a coop observer they install the big 8" gauge for this.  I became a coop observer in May and they installed the 8" here on the property. The 4" is used for spotters and cocorahs members.

Tim

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 07:41:06 AM »
I just got my email reply too. I need to buy one of their rain gauges, but other than that *small* detail I am ready to go. I am in Rose Ny, so not horribly far away.

The rain gauge is all thats holding me back right now here..just haven't gotten around to ordering one yet :-)
Hopefully will get that taken care of as soon as my firewood cutting slows down :-) :-)

Wayne
www.smythweather.net
CW8217

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

Offline NiceBill

• Forecaster
  • Texas Township, Illinois
    • Texas Township, Clinton, Illinois 61727  Weather
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 08:04:30 AM »

The rain gauge is all thats holding me back right now here..just haven't gotten around to ordering one yet :-)
Hopefully will get that taken care of as soon as my firewood cutting slows down :-) :-)

Wayne
www.smythweather.net
CW8217

Wayne,  did you reed my post above.    FREE   \:D/ \:D/

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :-)
[note: Bill passed away December 31, 2008 -- Rest in Peace Bill, you'll be missed!]

Offline FishDude

• OFA Weather Web!
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 08:52:58 AM »

Ney Nieghbor, did you go to the training? I am just down the road from you a bit, wondering how far I will have to travel for training?

-Bob

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 01:08:10 PM »
I just got an email Bob about a training session in Syracuse.

Tim, they were gonna install a 8" one, but they wanted me to do
CoCoRaHS too. Yeah, I'm the COOP guy here also.
Tony

rikostan

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 11:12:58 PM »

Ney Nieghbor, did you go to the training? I am just down the road from you a bit, wondering how far I will have to travel for training?

-Bob

I have not gone to the training yet. I understand there will be one in Auburn around the 9th of November, but I'll be at work... hopefully they will have another on a weekend. There might be some closer to you in Monroe county too.

The slide show training outlines everything pretty well, but I am looking forward to sitting in a class with a lot of like minded people and soaking up all the info   I can.

rikostan

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 07:24:37 PM »
My gauge should be here Monday. Looking forward to actually participating!