Author Topic: Delete bad rain data?  (Read 8948 times)

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
Delete bad rain data?
« on: August 11, 2007, 11:22:10 PM »
Is there a way to delete rain data for the current day on a WPII or is that more of a function of the Weatherlink software.

Yes, I screwed up... :oops:

Pat ~ Davis VP2 6153-Weatherlink-Weather Display-StartWatch-VirtualVP-Win7 Pro-64bit
www.LasCruces-Weather.com   www.EastMesaWeather.com

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
Re: Delete bad rain data?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 06:37:07 PM »
Not sure what you mean by WPII. Maybe WMII?  I can't remember if it can be changed on the console but in WL if you go to set up and go all the way to the bottom you will see Clear as an option. Click on that and there are several options to clear data.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline ncpilot

• Forecaster
    • Monkey Junction Weather
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 08:35:36 PM »
Since I was recently checking calibration on my VP2...

This is only for the VP2 console, but I would expect something similar on other Davis consoles...

You can clear the day's rain total by using the cursor keys to select the rain item, then pressing the "2nd" key, and then holding the "clear" key until the rain display data stops blinking and it goes to zero...

If you've downloaded the data into Weatherlink, you can "browse station data", double click on the row of data that contains the rain you want to correct, and a window will pop up allowing you to edit most of the items on that row of data...

I strongly suggest you read the manual for the WMII, and Weatherlink to make sure this will work for you!
Marc
Wilmington, NC
"Monkey Junction Weather"
Davis VP2 wireless, WeatherLink

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 09:45:14 PM »
Sorry - that was meant to be VPII - Vantage Pro2. Wish I could claim fat fingers hit the wrong key...

What I did was forget to disengage it when I went to clean the station and relevel it (my first time). That nice sunny day has .04" of rain with a 14.5"/hr rate.

I was able to clear it out of the rain database and NOAA reports but it still generates in the WeatherLink reports and weather bulletin/summary - throwing off the month and year total rain. It's past 24 hours so clearing "storm" does nothing for me.

Pat ~ Davis VP2 6153-Weatherlink-Weather Display-StartWatch-VirtualVP-Win7 Pro-64bit

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 09:59:51 PM »
Quote from: "ncpilot"
If you've downloaded the data into Weatherlink, you can "browse station data", double click on the row of data that contains the rain you want to correct, and a window will pop up allowing you to edit most of the items on that row of data...

I strongly suggest you read the manual for the WMII, and Weatherlink to make sure this will work for you!

I was able to clear it everywhere (all reports and graphs) except for the Weatherlink summary and bulletin display. The totals are off for the month and year on those two.

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 11:19:55 PM »
I think you can edit those on the VP console.  I'm sure you can edit the year but can't recall for sure about the month total.
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline ncpilot

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 11:40:47 PM »
I was able to clear the high rain rate on the console, but it still appears in the streaming ticker data... can't figure out why it's still there...

Ok, figured it out... you have to cycle through the hi/lo button paying attention to the top left of the screen where it shows whether it's year, month, or day. When the hi rain rate is displayed, press 2nd, then hold clear until the blinking stops and sets to zero--do it for each time the bad value is displayed.

This seems to have cleared out the hi rain rate (which I did want to do since it was at about 82"/hr.....)

If I recall from the manual, I thought that clearing the daily rain from the console also fixed the monthly and yearly totals?
Marc
Wilmington, NC

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 03:39:40 PM »
The manual says just that, regarding the 'daily' adjustment -

• Daily Rain - Sets the daily rain total. Monthly and yearly rain totals are
updated.
• Monthly Rain - Sets the current months total rain. Does not affect yearly
rain total.
• Yearly Rain - The sets the current year’s rain total.
• Daily ET (Evapotranspiration) - This sets the daily ET total. Monthly and
yearly ET totals are updated.
• Monthly ET - This sets the current month’s ET. Does not affect yearly
total.
• Yearly ET - This sets the current year’s total ET.

I just wish there was a way to page thru each day. Oh wait - I guess it discards the 'daily' and totals it into 'month' and 'year' after the day passes? Further reading confirms that the registers clear at the end of each 'cycle'. OK - I think I got it now.

At any rate, I edited the monthly and yearly totals in the console and it all seems to be OK now. At least now I have a little better understanding about the relation between the reports, the console and the saved to disk database/archives... I think...

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 03:43:51 PM »
Quote from: "ncpilot"
I was able to clear the high rain rate on the console, but it still appears in the streaming ticker data... can't figure out why it's still there...

Ok, figured it out... you have to cycle through the hi/lo button paying attention to the top left of the screen where it shows whether it's year, month, or day. When the hi rain rate is displayed, press 2nd, then hold clear until the blinking stops and sets to zero--do it for each time the bad value is displayed.

This seems to have cleared out the hi rain rate (which I did want to do since it was at about 82"/hr.....)

If I recall from the manual, I thought that clearing the daily rain from the console also fixed the monthly and yearly totals?

That's now my next obstacle - the high rain rate. Will that fall back to the next highest rain rate or will that just zero it out all together?

Would it even matter, being it's archived on disk and that's been edited to proper values? I just don't want the 'rogue value' showing up in any history file somewhere down the line.

Offline ncpilot

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 03:55:04 PM »
I think there's only one max rain rate for the day, week, month, year. Each self zeroes after the period is over.

There's nothing to fall back to--at least that's the way it seems for me. Once I cleared the max rain rate, I now show 0 for the year...
Marc
Wilmington, NC

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 10:56:17 PM »
I guess I went about it back-asswards. I didn't realize that I could page thru each day while in the "DAY" mode. (This 'ADD' is a pain in the neck - I read the manual twice) The high/low values for each day of the month are still intact. But even then, going to the day in question, it just leaves me with dashes/no values, if I clear it.

There's no way to 'SET' or edit in a zero value?

All the previous daily high values are there for each day but I think by clearing the monthly high rain rate, it forces the zero regardless of what is there for any day.

Perhaps it will update after midnite. If not I'll try a hammer... :twisted:

Offline PraveenC31

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2018, 05:07:00 AM »
Did it clear after midnight? :) I know it's been a long time but I just cleared yesterday's data now for rain. Need to see if monthly and yearly are corrected at midnight. From next time I will make it a point to clear it on same day of cleaning. I did not realize that you can clear individual variables on daily basis

anything