Author Topic: Tell me again!  (Read 447 times)

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Tell me again!
« on: May 03, 2018, 10:27:04 PM »
Tell me again why I chose Davis weather station...
Because it looks hefty and solid when you open the package.
Because it looks good.
Because it has all the usual weather sensors.
And you can call Davis to help when ever there is some difficulty -  and this was proven again today.

I got my VP2 Pro Plus ISS in today and my aging cautious brain was hesitant to fully follow the manual on installing the metric rain measurement adapter (I was afraid to press too hard to remove the imperial adapter).  Called Davis, got a support person within 15 seconds, and he guided/gave me confidence on removing and replacing the adapter.   Another great experience.

My 2008 original VP2 is back on reporting wind correctly but look forward to replacing it, or running along side the new.   May be a week before I can set up the new station but am looking forward to it.

Now my question,
As it could be a week or more before I can install it outside, is there any issue with setting it as station 2 and setting my console at the same station 2 ID so I can test it indoors.  My weather Envoy would continue to receive from existing VP2 Pro as station no. 1 and feed Cumulus, website and uploads.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Tell me again!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 02:09:43 AM »
....Now my question,
As it could be a week or more before I can install it outside, is there any issue with setting it as station 2 and setting my console at the same station 2 ID so I can test it indoors.  My weather Envoy would continue to receive from existing VP2 Pro as station no. 1 and feed Cumulus, website and uploads.

No issue at all.