Author Topic: Weatherlink for IOS  (Read 692 times)

Offline Maggieislander

• MaggieIslander
Weatherlink for IOS
« on: May 03, 2018, 07:27:59 AM »
Hi, I'm thinking about getting a VP2 with Mac software but have not seen any good reviews of it (the software). Does anyone on the forum have any personal experience with Weatherlink for IOS?

Am also considering the other option of sending data directly to the Weatherlink cloud but don't know how easy it would be to download specific datasets to my computer. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Weatherlink for IOS
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 09:03:53 AM »
There aren't too many people who use a VP2 with a Mac but amongst those who do then WeatherCat seems to be the preferred software (and there are other good options too).

But if you want to upload to weatherlink.com then yes you can download datasets. Without more detail as to your exact requirements it's tricky to know how easy they are to meet but yes in principle it's certainly possible.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Maggieislander

• MaggieIslander
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 10:44:27 PM »
Thanks, johnd, that's useful info. As far as downloads from the cloud go, simple datasets, say min & max daily temp, humidity, wind direction and speed for a specified period is what I'd like. Is that easy?

Also, what about flexibility with regard to units of measurement? When I view weatherlink.com I only get measurements in imperial (degrees F, in Hg, miles) and I don't seem able to change to metric. Surprising to me but maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 05:28:45 AM »
As far as downloads from the cloud go, simple datasets, say min & max daily temp, humidity, wind direction and speed for a specified period is what I'd like. Is that easy?

You can easily have emailed to you a file containing all data for a specified period, but IIRC (and sorry don't have time to double-check right now) this feature is in the Pro tier only because it requires access to the Data menu.

Edit: If you were using the Windows version of local Weatherlink it would be a lot easier to download all the data you need.

Also, what about flexibility with regard to units of measurement? When I view weatherlink.com I only get measurements in imperial (degrees F, in Hg, miles) and I don't seem able to change to metric. Surprising to me but maybe I'm missing something.

Yes you are missing something - you have complete control over display units (My Account | Unit Measurements). I would say that perhaps the biggest thing missing from wl.com right now is a Help menu - I'm sure it's coming, but it's not there right now. But all users of wl.com need to have a thorough trawl through all the menu and icon options you can see - just try looking around at everything you can see and clicking things - you might be surprised by what's there. But remember also that several of the features are available only in the Pro tier and not in the free version.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 05:54:47 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 02:41:17 PM »
Mac PC's run on OSX
In the future that it looks like its planned to run iOS , but that is not the current situation
just to clear that up (as it otherwise looks like you want to run weatherlink on a iphone)

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 03:11:34 PM »
Mac PC's run on OSX
In the future that it looks like its planned to run iOS , but that is not the current situation
just to clear that up (as it otherwise looks like you want to run weatherlink on a iphone)

Good point. I'd assumed the OP meant OSX, but maybe not?
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 03:35:24 PM »
yeah, they might have been looking for an app for iphone/ipad

Offline Maggieislander

• MaggieIslander
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2018, 01:53:42 AM »
Quite correct, I meant OSX. Thanks for your support. Once I'd registered then I could change the units ok. Cheers ...