Author Topic: is it the vantagepro2 console or my ISS thats faulty...help  (Read 1199 times)

Offline philip601

is it the vantagepro2 console or my ISS thats faulty...help
« on: January 22, 2018, 01:45:42 PM »
I have a vantage wirelesspro2 and weatherlink software purchased 2005 with firmware November2004.
Everything has worked perfectly since installed apart from occasional battery replacement.
Because of some roof work i had to take the ISS stand off the roof and the only cable i took out was the one to the anemometer.
When i placed the ISS back in the same position on the roof i had this problem.

The temp sensor unit ( which is further away than the mainISS)was recognised by the console and indoor readings from the console were ok. However i am getting no data on my console from the main ISS.
I have tried new batteries twice
I have checked all leads are attached
The test mode switch was fine with the intermittent flashes
I have tried several different ids for the main ISS

In the weatherlink software i tried the alarm and battery status and was showing no Station battery for the main ISS.
On the vantagepro 2  console strangely in the setup procedure i have on the bottom of the screen STATION no 3  5, so i presume station5 (the mainISS)is recognised.    3 is my temp sensor which works ok and 5 is the main ISS .
During this setup when i go through each station 1 is on,  3 is on but 5 is off. I then change that to ON but when i go through the same set up procedure 5 is OFF again
I am not sure if i have a faulty console or faulty PCBA ISS unit.
Any help would be much appreciated
Philip

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
Re: is it the vantagepro2 console or my ISS thats faulty...help
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 02:06:32 PM »

The test mode switch was fine with the intermittent flashes

Is that switch still on?  If so, turn it off.

Offline philip601

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 02:25:44 PM »
no i definitely put the switch 4  down in off position. rechecked it several times

I am really now feeling that it is the main wireless ISS thats faulty because of no readings from that station on the console, but its an expensive purchase if that is not the problem. Still unsure what else to check
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 02:59:18 PM by philip601 »

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 03:22:46 PM »
Turn off your other (temp sense?) unit.  Then power off the console, take it very near the ISS, power it up, and see what it does.

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 03:36:10 PM »
During this setup when i go through each station 1 is on,  3 is on but 5 is off. I then change that to ON but when i go through the same set up procedure 5 is OFF again

Seems to me this would indicate some kind of setup problem with the console.  My first guess would be to make sure you're not trying to set more than one station up as an ISS.  Make sure your temp station is set up as a temp station. And you say station 1 is on.  If station 3 is temp, and station 5 is ISS, what is 1? If it's nothing turn it off, if it's something, make sure it's not an ISS.

Offline philip601

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 03:56:23 PM »
Thanks for the reply. It was something in the console configuration. I turned off 1 and used 5 as ISS. I think i overcomplicated, it was a simple mistake on my part.