Author Topic: Weather wizard console stopped working  (Read 2999 times)

Offline adomas

Weather wizard console stopped working
« on: December 03, 2008, 04:31:04 AM »
Hi all,

One month ago I have a communication problem with the Weather wizard III, which I solved by disconnecting power to my station and powering it again #-o After this one month station have worked as usual. Now, I was informed from the supervisor of the station (lady in which house the console is located) that already four days the console is showing the same temperature reading. I asked what is with other readings (wind, inside temperature etc.) :?: She answered that the console did not responds to the pushing buttons on the console. A few month ago it was a strange malfunction with the station when the alarm for temperature and wind speed went on with no human intervention (station began to beep). What is your opinion :?: Does it mean that the station is failing :?: Station is working for one and a half years already. Thanks. Adomas

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
Re: Weather wizard console stopped working
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 09:58:41 PM »
Maybe check the connections on the wires for corrosion?

Other then that I would send an email to Davis and see what they say.  It does sound like a problem developing in the console itself. 
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline adomas

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 08:32:35 AM »
Hi, I checked the wires two weeks before, when it lost connections to the computer. Everything was good. In any case I do not think that corrosion in rain gauge or wind sensor may affect the working condition of the console itself. In any case I began to think that all three problems might be interconnected (alarms, connections and stopped console). The biggest problem is that the station is located 200 km apart from my living place and all suggestions or checking need some time. Adomas

Offline adomas

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 05:22:14 AM »
Hi all,

I have got a replacement for the console from Davis. The problem was caused by processor fail in the console and the datalogger is OK. Adomas

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 09:25:32 PM »
Thanks for posting back with the fix.  Also glad to hear you have it fixed.    8-)
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline tweatherman

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 08:42:10 AM »
Did davis replace it for free or did they charge you since the 1 yr. warranty was expired.

Tim
www.localareaweather.com

Offline adomas

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 05:53:07 AM »
They changed for free with free shipment back and gave me 6 month warranty for the console :grin: This I do not understand why :?: because the two years from purchase are ending after two month. The warranty service was performed by McMurdo (http://www.mcmurdo.co.uk) the Davis representative in the UK. I bought the unit from UK because in Lithuania we still do not have sales representative for Davis \:D/ Adomas

anything