Author Topic: WU dropping webcams  (Read 2398 times)

Offline 480volts

WU dropping webcams
« on: December 19, 2013, 11:15:21 PM »
I don't think I am the only one. I haven't been able to see my webcam for a long time on WU. Checked settings a number of times, I think the problem is WU  doesn't want personal webcams anymore. Emailed support and they just kinda glossed over my questions.

Used to be 20 or 30 webcams in our area (Anoka Coon Rapids Blaine , all northern Minneapolis MN area), now there down to 6 or 8 tops. Sometimes there are just traffic cams other times a mix and now just 6 or 8 local. Kinda used to be nice when it was just WU and not TWC.
Don't think its worth it to stay a premium member any more

Anybody know a place that like the what the WU used to be? Kinda like Cheers :-(

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
Re: WU dropping webcams
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 12:21:20 AM »
I have my cam working 99% of the time now since I moved it indoors and close to the router.  But the WU timelapse only shows maybe 20 to 30% of the images.  It's pathetic.
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Scalphunter

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 03:01:49 PM »
Mine still on and working ok. So wonder if there some other reason yours not showing up. In fact it  shows up on 3 pages plus the cam page.

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 05:11:32 PM »
Mine's about the same as yours Greg.  Not sure which one is John's but checking KAKKETCH3 in Ketchikan, AK shows that one just as bad as ours.

Paul

Offline jpk1018

• Senior Contributor
  • http://www.madrussianweather.com/#
    • Mad Russian
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 04:01:21 PM »
From my experience they have no interest in personal webcams, unless of course it happens to be pointing at a highway. They will also tell you that it's your settings that are not correct. I thought things like this would start to happen after the big sale. Gotten over it and looking somewhere else.