Author Topic: TX-20 Wind Sensor Replacement Unit  (Read 4080 times)

Offline Jungle Jim

TX-20 Wind Sensor Replacement Unit
« on: November 28, 2012, 10:48:02 AM »
Hi all, I just got registered so can post.  I'm looking for a TX-20 Wind Sensor replacement unit for my WS-2308 station.  I know it's old, but I can't find a wind sensor on the web anywhere!  Great Big Outlet is out of stock.  Is my station really that ancient??  It's given me many years of good service!  With the storms coming in from the pacific, I'd like to be able to record these high winds!
--
Cheers,
Jim Schwilling

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Re: TX-20 Wind Sensor Replacement Unit
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 06:17:58 PM »
Hello Jim and welcome! You may want to contact these folks to see if they can help. I see they have available the original turbine type designed for the 23xx series stations.
Once in a while I spot one overseas but not sure how accurate or up-to-date this web page is.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 06:06:32 PM by DanS »

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 06:55:50 PM »
As much as I hate to say it, perhaps it's time to upgrade?

I have three stations on my pole, a Davis, an OS and a LaCrosse.  My original intent was to compare the accuracy and update rates so anyone interested in buying one could compare.  However, since the 968 and 2315 are no longer available, I'm leaving them up just to see which one lasts the longest.   :-k

After having all three types, I would definately recommend getting a Davis if you have the budget.  Perhaps Santa could bring one.
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Jungle Jim

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 11:55:18 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys.  It is the response I was suspecting.  Yes, I'll have to talk to Santa!  Thanks Greg
--
Cheers,
Jim

anything