Author Topic: myAcurite (the MBW replacement) announced  (Read 55609 times)

Offline kevink619

• My G+
Re: myAcurite (the MBW replacement) announced
« Reply #475 on: September 19, 2016, 06:15:06 PM »
What does your pressure chart look like at the My Acurite Dashboard? It looks like you might be getting input from the app, and the Acurite website at the same time.

Good thought. Yeah, need to turn OFF sharing my My AcuRite when using my app.

Kevin

Offline Inverno

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #476 on: September 19, 2016, 06:46:15 PM »
I think that fixed it. The Wundermap on iPhone is still having issues but that could be anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #477 on: September 19, 2016, 07:04:31 PM »
I tried Kevin Keys app again. It worked right away. I am still trying to use the tower sensor settings, but when I do, the wind screws up. I'll keep playing with it.

EDIT. I think I have it now! This is what I have been looking for, is something to work just like what Kevin has done with this.  :D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 07:09:48 PM by DoctorKnow »

Offline skysummit

• Forecaster
    • StormCast
« Reply #478 on: September 19, 2016, 11:00:28 PM »
What does your pressure chart look like at the My Acurite Dashboard? It looks like you might be getting input from the app, and the Acurite website at the same time.

You know, that may be it!  If you line up the top points and line up the bottom points, they're more in line to what pressure tendencies should look like for that time period, but have about a 1.4mb difference which may be an offset.

Hardware:  Acurite Atlas with Lightning Detector
CoCoRaHs Station: LA-TG-11

NWS's Ponchatoula/Hammond Area's COOP Member
President | Director of Operations - StormCast

Offline skysummit

• Forecaster
    • StormCast
« Reply #479 on: September 19, 2016, 11:01:43 PM »
I see now though over on the Facebook group, it's working :)  Glad to hear that.

Offline kevink619

• My G+
« Reply #480 on: September 20, 2016, 02:02:47 AM »
Some more bug fixes and improvements to my app.

Latest version is 2016.09.19.2137 and includes the following changes:

• Waits for WinPcap to come online (service name is npf.sys). Sometimes WinPcap takes some time to start when a PC is first booted up. Previously, the weather app would report an error regaring WinPcap if WinPcap wasn't already running. With this fix, the app will keep waiting and trying until WinPcap starts. Also, should WinPcap shut down on its own, the weather app will keep trying to resume until WinPcap starts up again.
  • Fix for not properly identifying sensor IDs when filtering by sensor ID is specified. Acu-Rite decided to append leading zeroes to the sensor IDs with the latest firmware update. My app will now allow you to specify sensor IDs the old way (without the leading zeros) or new way (with the leading zeros) and filer on the correct sensor ID regardless.
  • Fix for random crash when clicking the Save button in the Settings screen while the app is processing data in the background.
    Settings form can now be accessed via a single click. I got rid of the "Edit" menu since "Settings" was the only submenu item on it.
  • FUTURE ENHANCEMENT COMING SOON: Move the settings file to the same directory as the application - this way you won't have to keep reentering your settings when you upgrade.

http://kevin-key.blogspot.ca/2014/09/new-version-is-now-available-for.html

Online DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #481 on: September 20, 2016, 08:32:49 AM »
Thanks Kevin. I really like the wind speed fix. The reading coming out of the bridge is low to start with, so this is a great feature. I also am able to send to CWOP now and not send the wrong speeds. Also sending the thermometer from the tower is the best choice for users I think. It allows proper placement, which can make a huge difference.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 08:34:43 AM by DoctorKnow »

Offline Jack Bowman

• Forecaster
  • Ambient Weather WS-2000
    • KCOFORTC421 - Hanna Farm
« Reply #482 on: September 20, 2016, 10:17:52 AM »
I agree Doc! The ability to use a discrete tower sensor for Temp, and Humidity is really nice. The Weather Display compatible .csv file output is very desirable for not only supporting the WD software, but for logging the data locally. The output support is awesome as well...

Weather Underground
PWSweather
Weatherbug
Anything Weather
OpenWeatherMap
CWOP

Kevin is providing this software at no charge, and works hard to make sure it is functional, and updated. I would encourage taking the time to donate if you like the software. Honestly, without  this software I would have another brand weather station by now. I like that Acurite provides such great equipment at a low cost, and I do see a big improvement in their new software, and website, but Kevin's software just adds functionality to the fun of having an Acurite product.

Jack
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 10:19:57 AM by ColoradoWeather »
Ambient Weather WS-2000 Weather Station

Home Weather Server:
http://kcofortc421.dynu.net/WD/wx.html

Weather Underground Link:
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KCOFORTC421

PWS Weather Link:
https://www.pwsweather.com/obs/KCOFORTC421.html

Offline skysummit

• Forecaster
    • StormCast
« Reply #483 on: September 20, 2016, 10:30:16 AM »
I agree Doc! The ability to use a discrete tower sensor for Temp, and Humidity is really nice. The Weather Display compatible .csv file output is very desirable for not only supporting the WD software, but for logging the data locally. The output support is awesome as well...

Weather Underground
PWSweather
Weatherbug
Anything Weather
OpenWeatherMap
CWOP

Kevin is providing this software at no charge, and works hard to make sure it is functional, and updated. I would encourage taking the time to donate if you like the software. Honestly, without  this software I would have another brand weather station by now. I like that Acurite provides such great equipment at a low cost, and I do see a big improvement in their new software, and website, but Kevin's software just adds functionality to the fun of having an Acurite product.

Jack

110% agree...Kevin's program is what has kept me with the affordable Acurite products.  I'll have to order a few extra sensors now.  I just upgraded to the latest version and all went well again.  It just simply works!  Thanks Kevin!

Offline kevink619

• My G+
« Reply #484 on: September 20, 2016, 01:08:45 PM »
Thanks Kevin. I really like the wind speed fix. The reading coming out of the bridge is low to start with, so this is a great feature. I also am able to send to CWOP now and not send the wrong speeds. Also sending the thermometer from the tower is the best choice for users I think. It allows proper placement, which can make a huge difference.

You're welcome. Glad you like the latest update. Yeah, I've noticed some changes in how wind data is now reported. It seems that the new firmware is much more conservative in reporting wind gusts, most noticeably.

Offline kevink619

• My G+
« Reply #485 on: September 20, 2016, 01:09:32 PM »

Weather Underground
PWSweather
Weatherbug
Anything Weather
OpenWeatherMap
CWOP

Jack

Thank you Jack. :-)

Offline kevink619

• My G+
« Reply #486 on: September 20, 2016, 01:10:43 PM »

Weather Underground
PWSweather
Weatherbug
Anything Weather
OpenWeatherMap
CWOP

Jack

110% agree...Kevin's program is what has kept me with the affordable Acurite products.  I'll have to order a few extra sensors now.  I just upgraded to the latest version and all went well again.  It just simply works!  Thanks Kevin!

Glad you're enjoying my app. :-)

All: I just added a weather cam (this is done via Weather Underground's site and doesn't require my app or any other 3rd party tools). https://www.wunderground.com/webcams/KevinKey/2/show.html

Online DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #487 on: September 20, 2016, 08:55:33 PM »
On Kevin's upload to CWOP, I'm not getting any rain showing up in the 24 hrs column. All the others are working, like rain in the last hour and rain since midnight.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 09:00:48 PM by DoctorKnow »

Offline tandy1000

• Contributor
« Reply #488 on: September 20, 2016, 09:50:26 PM »

Mine is clean.  The line breaks are simply a matter of formatting.  I find using tcpflow gives nice looking results.  It still breaks up the lines on the console readout, but what gets written to the file looks like this:

Code: [Select]
GET /weatherstation/updateweatherstation?dateutc=now&action=updateraw&realtime=1&id=24C86Exxxxxx&mt=5N1x38&sensor=00001398&windspeedmph=3&humidity=76&tempf=82.6&baromin=28.97&battery=normal&rssi=1 HTTP/1.1
Host: hubapi.myacurite.com
User-Agent: Hub/224
Connection: close

Finally got my bridge/SmartHUB back today! Looks good so far, and happy to see it reporting the new Room Monitor and Outdoor Temp & Humidity Sensor, as well as leak detector and soil probe. Those new units come with the address labeled, but curiously one seems to be wrong. One is labeled with the hex value (000A75) and the hub reports it in the decimal (00002677) value.

The other sensor is labeled 001285, but is reporting as 00004613. Is there some math translation I'm missing?

Anyway, I can get back to adapting my code. George, tcpflow does seem to parse rather nicely so I'll probably end up using that - thanks for the suggestion.

Online DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #489 on: September 21, 2016, 12:50:19 PM »
How do you stop sharing from Myacurite??? I have tried everything, even deleting the information, and it keeps reporting on top of the Kevin Key reports.

Offline haroldashe

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #490 on: September 21, 2016, 12:55:50 PM »
I did it at Settings>Share Weather>Sharing To Weather Underground>Remove. 

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #491 on: September 21, 2016, 01:04:23 PM »
One sure-fire way to do it is to put in a bad station ID or password.

I'd do that only as a last resort, though.  It should turn off as Harold described.

Online DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #492 on: September 21, 2016, 03:30:23 PM »
You can't put in a bad password once you remove the sensors... I tried the remove once, I just did it again. We'll see... Thanks

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #493 on: September 21, 2016, 03:35:32 PM »
You can't put in a bad password once you remove the sensors... I tried the remove once, I just did it again. We'll see... Thanks

There's no reason to remove the sensor. 

That might explain why it's still sending.  When you remove the sensor, myAcurite is not going to try to communicate with it anymore, so the wunderground updating won't turn off.

Online DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #494 on: September 21, 2016, 04:28:22 PM »
It's stopped sending. Only after removing the sensors. If this is the way the bridge works, no wonder people think their bridge is bricked. Acurite will just take them in and redistribute since there is nothing wrong with most of them.

Offline Inverno

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #495 on: September 23, 2016, 08:13:26 AM »
Are there plans to add hundredths to the offset for the pressure?

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #496 on: September 23, 2016, 10:47:01 AM »
Are there plans to add hundredths to the offset for the pressure?

Yes.  It's been reported as a bug.

Offline kevink619

• My G+
« Reply #497 on: September 24, 2016, 05:11:12 AM »
On Kevin's upload to CWOP, I'm not getting any rain showing up in the 24 hrs column. All the others are working, like rain in the last hour and rain since midnight.

Hi,

I look into fixing this issue soon.

Kevin

Offline Inverno

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #498 on: September 24, 2016, 02:57:01 PM »
How are they going to fix "bugs"? Hopefully not like the migration...

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #499 on: September 24, 2016, 03:00:53 PM »
How are they going to fix "bugs"? Hopefully not like the migration...

They can push down firmware updates automatically over the network. 

The "migration" was a special case as it required more user involvement with the account info being moved to a new system.

If it's just a bug on the website, then they just fix it there.

anything