Author Topic: campbell weather station  (Read 1868 times)

Offline Kevin moores

campbell weather station
« on: March 21, 2015, 02:49:21 PM »
Hi everyone I have some campbell weather stations I want to get rid of is anyone interested

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
Re: campbell weather station
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 04:21:04 PM »
Photos please. Thanks.

Offline Kevin moores

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 04:34:54 PM »
121601795324 this is the item number it's on ebay have a look

Offline moehoward4

• Forecaster
  • Jack in SE MA.
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 07:10:18 PM »
ebay listing has it located in England.............
3 Davis set-ups...which one ya wanna talk about? And I got ALL my manuals....

Offline tweatherman

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 08:38:37 PM »
That's correct he is from England. Not cheap either.

tweatherman

Offline Kevin moores

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 03:29:11 AM »
Yep I'm from England looking at the item does anyone no much about these and what they are worth

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 07:41:03 AM »
I have some pieces of Campbell stuff.  Almost all of them surplus (too pricey to buy new) and generally you need to look at these as data loggers (think monthlong monitoring of remote areas like some mountain top).  However some are set up to connect to either a phone line, or radio link, or even a satellite link.  The controller takes a little bit of programming knowledge and is not necessarily easy to fathom.  And they usually end up reading a voltage or pulse from the devices and sometimes you have to use a look up table to get a temperature, humidity or wind speed, or if the characteristics are known, a formula to give you the value you seek.

It is NOT at all like glancing at the Davis or Rainwise or Peet Brothers to see a value on a screen. 

On the other hand this is the stuff that the taxpayers spend huge amounts for when durability and supreme accuracy is needed.  I think the one in the picture has RM Young sensors for the wind.  Those are used in University research, air quality, etc and run close to a thousand dollars.

I'd suggest that you look up the Campbell Scientific web page.  The one here in the US and Canada has wonderful downloads of the manuals for the sensors and the data loggers.  You can see code snippets to see how they suggest that you interface to the sensors.

To be honest, I bought some on eBay when no one else was bidding on them and got some battleship rugged stuff, and the controllers and link portions of it are sitting in a box for that golden time when I have nothing else to do and will learn how to program them.  The sensors got used in other projects.  For instance Davis makes a universal anemometer box that will allow you to just screw five wires into the box and it translates the speed and direction into Davis-Talk so it works with the VP2.

I know one of the other members of this board has used it to interface the RM Young 05103 to his station.

Good luck!
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 08:18:50 AM »
Shouldn't this topic be moved to the "For Sale/Wanted" area? It is "for sale" and has no pictures....

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline Kevin moores

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 08:25:36 AM »
Thanks for the info I just want to get shot of

Offline Kevin moores

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 08:26:59 AM »
Greg I'm new to this site so not sure what I'm doing just got given some weather stations and need to get rid on them

anything