Author Topic: Down to bare bones  (Read 1578 times)

Offline amsandbjs

Down to bare bones
« on: January 10, 2018, 12:52:38 PM »

Looking for a very basic unit.  All I want is wind  speed and direction, temperature, rain amount, and be wireless.   ---   

Suggestions ?       Thanks   ---   

Moved and now have a good reason to replace my AcuRite.  Sure hope I never end up with one of theirs again.   ----   

Offline amsandbjs

Re: Down to bare bones
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 01:03:29 PM »
Would like to add:   

Best bang for the buck ? ? ? ?

Sorry but got in a hurry on previous post and didn't add this before I hit the "go" button.

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 01:19:00 PM »
FYI - rather than add a new post you can edit/modify your posted entry by either of two MODIFY methods. The first way (found in the lower right-hand portion of your screen) allows you to make some basic changes i.e. spelling errors, etc., while the other method (found in the upper right-hand portion of your screen) will give you full editing capability of the previously posted entry. If you make the change quick enough and before anyone reads the post, you won't see an "EDIT" date at the bottom of the post. Otherwise you will see the edited date/time-stamp in the post.

Good luck finding a nice basic station!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 01:23:23 PM by W3DRM »
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline VaJim

• Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 01:23:47 PM »
Would like to add:   

Best bang for the buck ? ? ? ?

Sorry but got in a hurry on previous post and didn't add this before I hit the "go" button.

how big is your buck?

Offline amsandbjs

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 06:47:41 PM »
Haven't got that far yet, however from what i have seen i am guessing  $100 to $200 should get me going.   No hard numbers at this time.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 06:52:44 PM by amsandbjs »

Offline amsandbjs

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 07:44:16 PM »
Have been doing a lot of digging around on many sites, and at this point it appears that for what I am looking for - the Ambient line is a good choice.  I do still have a Q. and that is:  What do you get for almost twice the money going to the 2902 from the 0900?  A little bigger console panel, but anything else that would help me out ?

Offline benay ra'am

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 08:01:12 PM »
Have been doing a lot of digging around on many sites, and at this point it appears that for what I am looking for - the Ambient line is a good choice.  I do still have a Q. and that is:  What do you get for almost twice the money going to the 2902 from the 0900?  A little bigger console panel, but anything else that would help me out ?

For twice the money, you can buy a Davis and be done with it...........................

CoCoRaHS: NC-JH-80

Greg_M

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 03:54:09 PM »
NOT OREGON SCIENTIFIC

anything