Author Topic: Great Image Of The Flag For The 4th...  (Read 654 times)

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
Great Image Of The Flag For The 4th...
« on: July 05, 2015, 12:56:47 PM »
First... We survived, only through heavy sedation for the dogs....  and some mild sedation for mom & dad...  ;)  Severe fire danger here.  We are setting every record there is for heat and fire danger...  Most areas banned fireworks completely.  However we are in an unincorporated area of the county and they did not have the authority to impose an emergency ban... There are meetings next week to change the legislation to allow it.  Meanwhile our neighbors continued to light off several fireworks.  They shot them over the water... but... with an onshore wind they may as well have been shooting them at our house....  They are lovely wonderful people who go brain dead one day out of the year...  Ok.. Moving on....  They bought a new flag for the 4th.  My cam3 caught this image.  This image was used by the local ABC affiliate as the cover photo on their Facebook page...  at this point it has 1,043 likes and 103 shares.... Mother Nature lined up things perfectly for Cam 3.

Thought I'd Share...

Greg

Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Great Image Of The Flag For The 4th...
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 01:08:09 PM »
Well done, and beautifully highlighted with the 2000 or older star!

Paul

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 01:25:47 PM »
very cool!

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline Randall Kayfes

• Weather - Photography - Astronomy - Computer Admin
  • Forecaster
    • Arizona Kaymann
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 04:10:32 PM »
Greg,

Simply Beautiful, with perfect composition.

Randall

Offline yahtah

• Forecaster
  • Too soon old, too late smart.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 07:31:59 PM »
Nice to see a new Old Glory finally!  :lol: Glad you and the dogs made it through, too.

I live outside of Watsonville, CA, and the town allows "safe and sane" fireworks, if there is such a thing.  #-o The residents here, however, think that means anything goes. The town lights up just before sundown with percussive reports and the rockets start flying before dusk sets in. The whole thing lasts until at least 11 pm with the occasional kaboom well into the night. Too bad I don't have the web cam up yet, it's quite the display. Did you get any shots on your array? I hadn't seen your other post before I wrote this!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 07:35:58 PM by yahtah »
-Lee

Davis VP2, Meteostick, RPi Meteohub, KCACALIF33
working on an RPi webcam and a 30 ft. flagpole...

Offline Scalphunter

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 08:21:50 PM »
Your State Fire Marshal has the power to ban fireworks were every  the need is. That is what was used here to ban the fireworks in uncoated areas in western Alaska.

John

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 08:52:05 PM »
John,
I wish that was true.  We contacted them earlier this week and they do not (at this point) have the authority to impose an emergency closure... go figer... ](*,)

Greg
Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

anything