Author Topic: Localized Storm Here Today  (Read 518 times)

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
Localized Storm Here Today
« on: December 13, 2013, 12:55:52 AM »
All around us there was heavy rain and no wind.... We had 0.0" of rain and sustained winds of 30+ gusting to 40mph for a period.  The images were pretty incredible.  Here are two time lapses.  One from just Cam2 and the other is a panorama of Cam1 and Cam2.  When the wind is blowing like this, the images can't line up perfectly because the clouds are moving faster than the images are taken.

My favorite is: 

Here is a 60 second time lapse panorama: 

I have been posting more here lately than I ever have.  I don't want to hog "bandwidth", so FWIW, I will be more selective as I have been in the past, but it seems like there have been a lot of relevant videos lately.

Greg
Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

Offline Randall Kayfes

• Weather - Photography - Astronomy - Computer Admin
  • Forecaster
    • Arizona Kaymann
Re: Localized Storm Here Today
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 10:30:52 PM »
I absolutely love the way the way upper and lower level clouds travel in different directions.  I really like the color in this set as well.  Also as the holidays get closer I cannot thank you as early as I would have liked to.

BTW I have finally come to the conclusion that if they don't want to look at our "stuff" they don't have to look. Don't get me wrong I will be sad when my views drop to zero...
In the mean time enjoy the many views and know that many of us love your videos!