Author Topic: Happy second anniversary, WXForum.net!  (Read 5100 times)

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Happy second anniversary, WXForum.net!
« on: July 26, 2008, 08:33:14 PM »
It was 2 years ago, today, that WXForum.net opened it's doors as the 'temporary' home of weatherforum.net which experienced sudden death as the hoster went belly up, and the domain name was snatched by the domain zombies (where it remains today).

Since that start by Chris, Drew, Larry and I (who became admins for weatherforum.net at the behest of founder Gary Oldam), we now have over 13000 posts and nearly 700 members.

Thanks to all of you for joining in the discussions and making WXForum.net a great (and friendly) place for weather enthusiasts worldwide to gather and further the knowledge base of our weather hobby with mutual assistance.

Here's looking for an even better third year!

Best regards from your admin staff,
Chris (capeweather)
Drew (noquitters)
Ken (SaratogaWX)
Larry (anole)
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
Re: Happy second anniversary, WXForum.net!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 08:42:08 PM »
Two years already?  Sheez!!   #-o

Been a lot of fun so far.  Thanks to you guys performing the lube, filter, and oil changes behind the scenes.  ;)    =D>
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline WeatherBeacon

• Chief
  • Forecaster
    • http://www.wxbeacon.com
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 09:14:52 PM »

I agree with Mark. Thanks much to the four of you---Chris, Drew, Ken, Larry---for your hard work in running this forum and making it so worthwhile...make that profitable and enjoyable... for us all. And I agree: it is a great venue and full of very friendly folks. My wife refers to the members as my weather friends, and that's pretty much how I feel.

Thanks again! =D> =D> =D>

Regards,

Kevin...
Mae govannen!
Kevin  (Member AMS) http://www.wxbeacon.com               Genesee County, Michigan
Hardware:  Davis Vantage Pro Wireless, Midland WR-300
Software: VWS 14.01p43, WeatherFlash, & GRLevel3

Offline Anthony

• Forecaster
    • Anthony's Weather
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 08:04:05 AM »
Two yers??? Good grief I'm getting old. But a big harty thank you to all the admins for making this site possible. I enjoy my almost daily visits.

Thanks,
Anthony
WB8YUE

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 05:16:22 AM »
I used to lurk a bit when I was trying to decide what station to buy and finally registered July '07. What a great find this site has been and it's a daily visit for me. I love this place and am grateful it has the administrators, mods and members it does. So informative and helpful in every sense.

So , Happy B-Day WxForum and thanks to all of you that make it what it is.

Pat ~ Davis VP2 6153-Weatherlink-Weather Display-StartWatch-VirtualVP-Win7 Pro-64bit
www.LasCruces-Weather.com   www.EastMesaWeather.com

jwyman

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 08:34:24 AM »
Congratulations!  =D>  =D>  =D>

I hope everyone unstands the commitment in time and resources these individuals have made in order to make this forum as great as it is. Great people with super ideas and those willing to help others out make it what it is.....

Super jobs guys!

v/r,

Jim

anything