Author Topic: Data Retrieval for website  (Read 4598 times)

Offline KC0REY

Data Retrieval for website
« on: July 15, 2014, 11:31:47 AM »
I'm sure this has been asked before, but here goes.  I have 2 remote wx stations reporting via rf to aprs.  I would like to somehow get this data to put into a database to be able to show YTD totals, monthly highs lows, etc.  CWOP shows the data updating as it should, however for whatever reason underground doesn't show the data as it should.  We have a server this data would flow to and host the website.

If it is possible and someone would like to make some money creating this let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
Re: Data Retrieval for website
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 12:13:02 PM »
I'm sure this has been asked before, but here goes.  I have 2 remote wx stations reporting via rf to aprs.  I would like to somehow get this data to put into a database to be able to show YTD totals, monthly highs lows, etc.  CWOP shows the data updating as it should, however for whatever reason underground doesn't show the data as it should.  We have a server this data would flow to and host the website.

If it is possible and someone would like to make some money creating this let me know.

Thanks in advance.

I haven't ever messed with it, but on the QA page of my CWOP, there is this statement:

Recent observations from this weather station can be downloaded as a CSV file suitable for importing into various spreadsheet programs: last 7 days, last 14 days, last 28 days, last 56 days. This data can also be linked directly from Excel using a Web Query. The main link goes to the page with the data on it, and the IQY link is the Web Query that will access it: last 7 days (IQY: last 7 days), last 14 days (IQY: last 14 days), last 28 days (IQY: last 28 days), last 56 days (IQY: last 56 days).

I don't know if this is what you're looking for or not.  Just a suggestion.

Good luck!  :)
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 12:51:38 PM »
Also, there is a list of all the findu.com cgi scripts at http://www.findu.com/cgi.html. You could do several things there. Get the raw data in a cron job and parse it yourself, get the tabular data and scrape it, etc.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 01:12:13 PM »
You can also easily download from WU. Select time period go to table, click on download. Save as text file or better yet as .CSV extension so you can use in a excel spread sheet and do all kinds of data formulas. 
Randy

Offline KC0REY

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 01:26:45 PM »
I'm wanting this setup as a website to be viewed at a glance.  I've seen a couple that are setup this way already, will see if I can get some links later.  Looking for it to be an auto script if possible.