Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 186041 times)

Offline Eno

• Contributor
Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #1425 on: March 26, 2019, 03:01:39 PM »
Looks like on the forecast page the latitude and longitude of a PWS is correct, but on the main page of a given PWS (ok, I only checked my own and two others in my city) the longitude number is the same as the latitude number.

Offline WunderTodd (PWS PM)

• Here to listen
    • Weather Underground
« Reply #1426 on: March 26, 2019, 03:29:50 PM »
Looks like on the forecast page the latitude and longitude of a PWS is correct, but on the main page of a given PWS (ok, I only checked my own and two others in my city) the longitude number is the same as the latitude number.

Thanks for this catch, we have a ticket open to fix this.

Offline cbull23

• Student - Meteorology PSU 2022
    • Weather Underground
« Reply #1427 on: March 26, 2019, 03:56:49 PM »
The time in the table section is invalid/undefined.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
My Sites
WU: KNJMONTV22
CWOP: FW2458
PWS: KNJMONTV22
NWS: FW2458

• Here to listen
    • Weather Underground
« Reply #1428 on: March 26, 2019, 04:04:01 PM »
The time in the table section is invalid/undefined.

There is a Safari browser-specific fix being put together that should correct the table/graph section.

Thanks for sharing.

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Alaska, The Last American Frontier
  • Forecaster
  • Living in the "Last American Frontier"
« Reply #1429 on: March 26, 2019, 04:26:38 PM »
When selecting a station icon on the Wundermap the precipitation and daily precipitation in the popup box reads 0 inches while the map icon reads the correct rain information.

Offline Jstx

• Senior Contributor
  • Baby the Rain Must Fall
« Reply #1430 on: March 26, 2019, 04:37:27 PM »
The much quicker page and "Weather History for xxxx" section refresh functions are great.

However the overall presentation of the page has gone to H in a handbasket.

1. The "MAP" section has become a fraction of its' previous size. It is now maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of it's previous page space, and is now practically worthless. Give it the whole page width, and expand it vertically a bit, and shrink the +- buttons.

2. The lack of a concise summary of all the important WX parameters in one small(er)/non-scrolling, readable at a glance area near the top of page is a major fault (as myself and others have noted before).
The use of those pointless 'graphics/gauges' icons next to each WX parameter is utterly without any 'value-added'.
They just clutter the page, waste space, and force the reader to scroll side to side and up-down in order to view the WX data.
An optional console-style 'Gauge Cluster' area would be OK, but forcing the clutter sucks. Make them an option below the (now missing) WX summary data list (as was before, or as on any NOAA station page), if you must have them; and hideable (and nearly invisible to we who do not need the 'junk' eye candy).

3. The "Weather History for xxx" section loads and modifies much quicker, nice.
However, it is now riddled with faults and omissions (some of which began about a year ago):
3A. The chronological dropdown menu now only allows 'daily', weekly', 'monthly' selections.
The previous 'Custom Date Range' selection is now gone (and another selection I've forgotten).
This was the most useful feature of all of WU (IMO), it allowed one to examine and make comparisons of 'any' available previous time periods, etc. Single days, weeks, months, even years past were accessible. Pull one or more and you could compare.
3B. When selecting a 'weekly' graph, the graph section below now looks forward, not back (which used to (logically) cover the six days previous to 'today'). Naturally there's nothing there except a FUBARed graph of 'today'.
3C. Selecting 'monthly' renders another, even more FUBARed graph (with very weird traces, even retrograding ones-- which might reflect data interruptions?).
I didn't bother to run a Table look.
3D. When selecting the (now missing) 'custom date range', one should be able to include future dates (which are now grayed out on the dropdown date selector). This feature used to work up until about a year ago. I found it useful to plug in a weekly period looking forward a couple of days, which allowed a quick use of the "View" button to get a graph refresh the next day without doing/waiting for a whole page refresh.
Which brings up another issue which may still be alive:
3E. The graph, in weekly mode, would cut off about 3:30PM of the current day. This prevented you from getting any graphing from mid-afternoon until past midnight (with change of day). The graph didn't used to behave this way (~yearago), and if this fault is still present, it is a major one.
4. The "Summary" section has all the faults that others have mentioned.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #1431 on: March 26, 2019, 04:38:06 PM »
Ya know, my statement may be out in left field due to my lack of how this stuff works, but why in the hell don't you people (WU) take the whole damn site offline til you get the basic crap fixed. If you haven't noticed, you're driving everyone crazy with this constant lack of ANY continuity. Seriously, how long has this joke been perpetuated??
I'm so very glad I don't rely on this site as my primary on-line info, but many do, and eventually they'll find ways around this fiasco and you'll find yourselves outta business. 2 cents.

• Here to listen
    • Weather Underground
« Reply #1432 on: March 26, 2019, 04:52:49 PM »
When selecting a station icon on the Wundermap the precipitation and daily precipitation in the popup box reads 0 inches while the map icon reads the correct rain information.

This may be just a decimal issue here.  Try a station that is reporting more than 0.5 on the wundermap and see -- looks like it works OK.

Offline catdon

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1433 on: March 26, 2019, 05:04:06 PM »
FYI not working much on IE.
Don
Staten Island, NY

Offline boss281

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1434 on: March 26, 2019, 05:49:47 PM »
Just a note on Chrome my wind widget no longer appears to be near real time, and the data in the Weather History summary table just above the graphs has dubious data points that don't match the graph data below it...
Weather Underground PWS KMDNEWWI3

Offline Eno

• Contributor
« Reply #1435 on: March 26, 2019, 06:14:59 PM »
If you haven't noticed, you're driving everyone crazy

The way WU is improving the site is not driving me crazy.

Offline flamingGalah!

« Reply #1436 on: March 26, 2019, 06:16:20 PM »
Lots of problems using IE & Opera browsers...

Having trouble logging in
Cannot change from F to C
Why is everything rounded up or down?
My daily high is saying the same as my daily low  :roll:

It was bad enough when the site was changed from the older "classic" view, this "update" is awful  :sad:
<object width="290" height="130"><param name="movie" value="http://www.wunderground.com/swf/pws_mini_rf_nc.swf?station=ISTPAULS2&freq=5.0&units=metric&lang=EN" /><embed src="http://www.wunderground.com/swf/pws_mini_rf_nc.swf?station=ISTPAULS2&freq=5.0&units=metric&lang=EN" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="290" height="130" /></object>

Offline pjschaffer

• PV System
« Reply #1437 on: March 26, 2019, 06:23:42 PM »
On my station (KCATUSTI14) dashboard, the graph for wind speed has a scaling issue.  The bottom of the graph is not 0 so the data goes below the bottom of the graph.  My browser is Chrome.

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Forecaster
« Reply #1438 on: March 26, 2019, 06:28:31 PM »
Remember, this is a work in progress. It will take some time to sort all the bugs out. Constructive comments and observations are always the most helpful. It has been stated in prior posts from the folks at WU that they are aware of most of the issues that you all are reporting. In cases such as this taking a measured approach is wise to keep the whole system from crashing. Patience is not simply the ability to wait - it's how we behave while we're waiting. ...

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Forecaster
« Reply #1439 on: March 26, 2019, 06:32:16 PM »
On my station (KCATUSTI14) dashboard, the graph for wind speed has a scaling issue.  The bottom of the graph is not 0 so the data goes below the bottom of the graph.  My browser is Chrome.

This seems to be sporadic. I have noted nearby stations with this issue, however, my station has not been affected by this.
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KCAGRASS150/graph/2019-03-26/2019-03-26/daily

Offline pjschaffer

• PV System
« Reply #1440 on: March 26, 2019, 06:42:52 PM »
This seems to be sporadic. I have noted nearby stations with this issue, however, my station has not been affected by this.
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KCAGRASS150/graph/2019-03-26/2019-03-26/daily

That's strange, I see the same issue when viewing your station but mine is now showing correctly. 

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #1441 on: March 26, 2019, 07:02:55 PM »
So rapid fire is gone on dashboard? The only reason I was sending WU any data at all.  Also, they removed solar it looks like leaving UV which few have. Sounds like apps no longer have rapid fire either from post above.

I'll give it 24 hours and 2 stations will stop sending anything.
Randy

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #1442 on: March 26, 2019, 07:06:05 PM »
If you haven't noticed, you're driving everyone crazy
The way WU is improving the site is not driving me crazy.
Good for you.

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #1443 on: March 26, 2019, 08:48:11 PM »
My name is Sean and I work at the Weather Underground.  There have been some big changes in the organization in our company.  We are a new team that has been tasked with working to bring WU back to a working state, with the users as our primary focus.   Our goal is to be fully transparent with the community as we work to resolve some of the issues with the Weather Underground products, particularly as it relates to our PWS users. 

Our hope is that with some communication and some sharing of our plans as clearly as possible, we can help to make changes for the positive.  Our initial goal is to start pinpointing PWS issues that you all are experiencing.  We are already aware of a number of issues that are affecting a large portion of the PWS user base.  One thing we would like to know from you is the #1 issue you are having.  If you have specific issues with your PWS, feel free to private message your email and PWS ID.

We know that many of you are frustrated by your experience.  We are going to do our best with what we have to improve, and to be as transparent as possible about our progress.

EDIT:  Trello Board: https://trello.com/b/hqC0tb0u/weather-underground  This contains the current issues we are tracking.  We have enabled comments so don't hesitate to comment on the board for specific issues.  Please continue to let us know what we need to focus on to make the products better for you.

I thought it would be useful to see how this thread evolved by quoting the original post from WU over 14 months ago. Unfortunately, the original objectives have not been achieved. Yes, Apple and Microsoft have released updates that have required quick patches and apologies.  Let’s hope IBM steps up its game as these tweaks, recently rolled out, are 2 steps forward and 25 back. What a shame, and yes, we are still frustrated (WU’s word).
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 08:55:41 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Forecaster
« Reply #1444 on: March 26, 2019, 09:20:33 PM »

That's strange, I see the same issue when viewing your station but mine is now showing correctly.
It must be with Chrome. I am using Firefox. My station appears normal scaling on my browser. You might try using your browser in incognito/private mode or a different browser altogether.

Offline SmittythePirate

« Reply #1445 on: March 26, 2019, 09:26:46 PM »
I did notice something interesting going on with my Monthly data as you can see below. It seems to go backwards at some point and even off the chart.

Weather Station https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KSCJOHNS31/graph/2019-03-26/2019-03-26/monthly

Offline cbull23

• Student - Meteorology PSU 2022
    • Weather Underground
« Reply #1446 on: March 26, 2019, 09:29:36 PM »

It must be with Chrome. I am using Firefox. My station appears normal scaling on my browser. You might try using your browser in incognito/private mode or a different browser altogether.

It’s not just Chrome. I’ve noticed this with my graphs on Safari. It’s not handling zero wind that well it seems.
My Sites
WU: KNJMONTV22
CWOP: FW2458
PWS: KNJMONTV22
NWS: FW2458

Offline toddiscdn

« Reply #1447 on: March 26, 2019, 09:32:51 PM »
Im also disappointed with the round numbers, but it sounds like they may get a fix.

Other Issues are
- As mentioned no F to C, defaults to Deg,F except on mine the main readings stay F and the graphs read C, weird- Needs a fix
- I concur with the large graphics and wasted space, keep all the info together
-Map too small- agreed
-Web cam moved down to bottom and made smaller, before you had the option of Map or web cam tabs. Would like cam to be more prominent.

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #1448 on: March 26, 2019, 09:39:45 PM »
Yikes!

We had a Daylight saving switchover bug this year, so we have 2 days with some wonky times.  This will take some doing to get fixed unfortunately.  Next month should look right, and we'll get it sorted by the next cutover.

I did notice something interesting going on with my Monthly data as you can see below. It seems to go backwards at some point and even off the chart.

Weather Station https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KSCJOHNS31/graph/2019-03-26/2019-03-26/monthly

Offline Tangmu

« Reply #1449 on: March 26, 2019, 09:42:44 PM »
The previous PWS web page was fine.  I don't like anything about the new web page.  It's a shame so much effort was made into changing it.

I don't have any use at all for the large icons showing a single reading.  The previous table was far better.  Information that could be displayed in 7 lines now takes up 1.5 web pages.
Seriously - drop the large icons.   

The map needs to be a square instead of a rectangle.  The conditions to the North and South are just as important as the East and West.

The High, Low, and Average displays no longer work.  I see 65F 65F and 65F for today, for instance, when the temperature ranged from around 50F to 72F. 

I wish I could offer something other than criticism, but honestly every change that was made is for the worse.

Rather than asking for input on the new page, put the old page back up, and ask for suggestions on improving it.