Author Topic: Weather Station that Exports Data to a File  (Read 2383 times)

Offline TonyHart

Weather Station that Exports Data to a File
« on: May 10, 2011, 10:44:11 PM »
I am a C#/SQL Server developer that would like to buy a weather station that is able to either export data to a file on a PC or has an API that I can program to read the weather data sent by either a wireless or wired weather station.  Can anyone here tell me what weather station product would work best (budget up to 1200.00)?  I have done some research but there does not seem to be much info on the web in regards to weather stations where you can import or read data from the weather station directly.

I'm an avid weather fan, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: Weather Station that Exports Data to a File
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 10:51:03 PM »
Davis VP2 Pro - and Jay Ruys has already written a service that extracts data to SQL DB.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline TonyHart

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 11:02:16 PM »
Wow, thanks for the quick reply Bushman!!! I just registered on this site tonight and I'm glad to receive such a quick response to my question.  Writing directly to SQL Server takes some of the fun out of it, but its what I'm looking for none the less.

Offline TonyHart

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 11:40:44 PM »
Where can I find information on the Jay Ruys Davis / SQL Server Interface?

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 12:25:13 AM »
Just look him up on this board or check ruysfamily.com  and ping him from there.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!