Author Topic: Interwarn - gone perhaps ?  (Read 16124 times)

Offline tweatherman

• Forecaster
Re: Interwarn - gone perhaps ?
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2015, 07:49:46 PM »
Same here.

tweatherman

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2015, 02:52:58 PM »
I can't remember, is there any type of free version for that?  I stopped using when I left work because the employer paid for the license.

I'd like to have it, but I won't pay for it for personal use.

Offline Harryca

• Forecaster
    • Union City, CA Weather
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2015, 04:51:05 PM »
^ There is no free version of Interwarn.  Even if there was, you still be subjected to their flakey servers.

Refer to my post from Oct. 20th.  You might find something else in that list of links I provided as a replacement.  WXWarn is probably the closest thing to Interwarn there is.  It is free and configurable so you can select as much or as little you want to display and the best part is, it uses the NWS Atom feeds so other than the NWS servers, it is not dependent on any other servers staying up.

Here is a list of available services (free and subscription) that you all can browse through.  Hopefully, you can find an adequate replacement.

Email and SMS Weather Alert Services
http://www.weather.gov/emailupdates/

There are also some others that are not included in the list such as,

IEMBot Anonymous Monitor (good for monitoring messages from WFO's)
http://weather.im/iembot/

WXWarn Software
http://www.wxspots.com/wxwarn.htm

And my own little creation that I use all the time.

Current Tornado/Severe Thunderstorm/Flash Flood Warnings
http://ucweather.org/stormauto.php
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 11:28:10 PM by Harryca »

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2015, 06:09:05 PM »
Not that one.  The better one.

I looked on their site and I don't see one right now though.

Offline WB9GCV

« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2015, 09:10:03 AM »
Hi blizzard,

I highly recommend Weather Message.

I've been trialing WxMsg and working with Dan on the invalid/incorrect time-stamps on messages, but so far either Dan has not been able to locate the problem, or are folks just ignoring the time-stamps on messages ?

Consistantly for exampe HWOIND, and other HWO's show an issue date to 'tomorrow', i.e. same as the expiration time.

Weather Roundup messages show an issue time an hour ahead of the actual message issue time, i.e. same as expire time. 

To me totally confusing and I worry about 'real-time' alerts actually being 'on-time'.  Not sure I will go ahead with purchase of this software until these issues have been fixed.   I started working with Dan on this two weeks ago, but not heard anymore from him in over a week now.

Offline WB9GCV

« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2015, 07:49:26 PM »
Interwarn came back on-line a little over an hour ago...

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2015, 08:05:25 PM »
Interwarn came back on-line a little over an hour ago...

I am LOL because sure as the day is long, someone will soon post that it is again off line!  :mrgreen:

Offline rmfleck80

« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2015, 12:58:54 PM »
For anyone interested in this type of software I've developed a program called Storm Target that has similar functionality plus much more. Its designed for storm chasers but works well for anyone wanting to automatically receive severe weather alerts, mesoscale discussions, forecast discussions, etc.. This software is being updated with new features all the time and is being 100% supported. You can download a free trial to see if it meets your needs. Visit the link below to check it out.

http://StormTarget.com

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2016, 05:38:55 AM »
Just read that. I'll believe it when I see it. Also, I'm not surprised they deleted the negative/truthful comments from their FB page.

I be damned, they sure did delete my comments. They weren't nasty at all but straight to the point and honest as a paying customer. They were down several times for weeks at a time for a couple months at a time. Seems like a fly by night operation if you do not have any redundancy in place for situations like that and the time they spent down they could have switched hosts and I even mentioned that in my FB post to those blow holes. You could go back to read it but, they deleted it.

F'em only use it to receive emails anyways so I don't have to go to the NWS page every day. Besides, it has Forecast Discussion but, it wasn't an option to email it and Evan "Cheeseburger McGee" Bookbinder refused to add one of the most important text reports to the email products. Oh well, it's not like I was the one who paid for it.

rmfleck80 your application looks interesting. I see you can download it but, does that come with a trial. Looks very affordable but, I would like to try it out first to see if it fits my needs.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 05:42:04 AM by MesquiteWx »

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2016, 07:22:55 AM »
Ya' know, one a' y'all could do this without too much trouble.  There are a few other threads about NOAAPORT receivers.  With the collection of tinkerers and tweakers here, it shouldn't be that hard to develop something to distribute under the WXForum banner.

Offline rmfleck80

« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2016, 01:46:27 PM »
MesquiteWx, the download does include a free trial. It allows for three trial runs. If you need more time to evaluate, just message me. I'd be happy to extend your trial. I would encourage everyone to download and check it out. You can download the trial directly from the main page at http://StormTarget.com

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2016, 02:22:39 PM »
No need, I did some more research and watched your demo video and read the change log with updates. I'm sold! At that price it is a must have and it is very nicely laid out and simple. Finally a program built by a chaser for a chaser. The text to speech and radius alerts is very impressive and what sold me in addition to it is very nicely laid out.

Any plans to add the ability to email some of those text products? It's already great but that would make it a grand slam for my needs. Great job on it.

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2016, 02:26:25 PM »
rmfleck80, I think you ought to start another thread about your product. It looks solid!

A couple of things I have noticed while running Windows 7, nothing is loading in the Conditions tab, and I am getting that evil white background for the mesoanalysis stuff. Anyway you could make a background that is darker so that you can see the data better?
Joe Fitzwater
Chief Meteorologist for WVNS-TV 59 in Beckley, WV

Work Page on Facebook -> www.facebook.com/meteojoe
Work Page on Twitter -> https://twitter.com/meteojoe
Waterfalls -> www.wvfalls.com

Offline rmfleck80

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2016, 02:43:51 PM »
MesquiteWx, thanks for trying it out, I'm glad you like it. Email alerts seem to be a hot request so that'll probably be coming soon.

Farmtalk, thanks for the kind words. The Conditions tab is blank until you select a weather station under Condition Options or connect a gps signal. That could probably be made a little clearer. On the mesoanalysis issue, I've seen that on our Windows 7 test machine one time. I think it went away on its own though. If I remember what I did to fix it or discover a bug I'll let you know.

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2016, 02:55:22 PM »
Awesome! Thanks for the response! And I probably should have checked your Help page for the Conditions tab.  8-) I think a lot of folks on here would find your product useful!  :-)
Joe Fitzwater
Chief Meteorologist for WVNS-TV 59 in Beckley, WV

Work Page on Facebook -> www.facebook.com/meteojoe
Work Page on Twitter -> https://twitter.com/meteojoe
Waterfalls -> www.wvfalls.com

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2016, 10:36:40 PM »
MesquiteWx, thanks for trying it out, I'm glad you like it. Email alerts seem to be a hot request so that'll probably be coming soon.

I haven't tried it out. Just from what I saw and read I am going to get it. I am sold, it looks very solid.

The email alerts would be a very useful feature that way you can get alerts away from the program. Like I mentioned before, I only use Interwarn so I can get emails of the text products without having to visit NWS everyday and read the Hazardous Weather Outlook, Convective Outlook, Watches and Warnings, Meso Discussions and Short Term text products. I send them to an email address I created on my domain just for alerts and then on my phone set it up so it pushes those alerts to a notification and added an alarm. Your product adds even more to the element for when you're mobile. So the email alerts can come in handy when you're out of your vehicle or preparing for the day.

Just one question about the licensing. How many computers can it go on? I would need 3. One for my weather server for when I am running a SkyWarn Net and/if to keep running at all times to send emails when you release that feature. The other 2 lic would be on my primary and back up chase laptop.

As we all now mobile data is gold for chasers so I like that you have the ability for it to only fetch data within a certain time period. Would it be possible to add an option for it to constantly check for updates so that the moment a new one is issued it will push it? There is a lot of times I will hang out at places with wifi until something starts happening and to conserve my data. So that would be useful, if not, not a big issue at all because a 1 min threshold isn't to long but, then again 1 min in a tornado warning could be a couple mile difference.

I am definitely going to be getting it and sharing it with others around here so they can get it too!

Instead of derailing this thread and this great application not getting seen I created a new post for it.

Storm Target
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 02:47:50 AM by MesquiteWx »

Offline rmfleck80

« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2016, 02:34:21 PM »
Farmtalk, version 1.0.6 was just released and fixes the issue with mesoanalysis graphics. It seemed to only be appearing on Windows 7 machines but it should be good now.

MesquiteWx, thanks for creating the Storm Target thread. I'll be responding over there going forward.

I could see use cases for email alerts and have received other requests so they'll likely be included in a future release. The licensing is per computer so you'd need a key for each machine running the software. Push alerts are not in the works at this time. You can however set the polling interval under 1 minute. You could enter 0.2 for example to check for alerts every 12 seconds.

Thanks again to everyone for checking out the program!

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
    • Southern Maryland Weather
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2016, 03:19:05 PM »
WB9GCV,
  I have the same setup using WxMesg Server to drive the EMWIN stream and Interwarn to display it. However, now the bulletins are updating fine but the warning map display is showing nothing....... Is the a way to make this work or does the map display get it's data from the Interwarn servers directly?

Jim

Offline WB9GCV

« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2016, 04:18:21 PM »
WB9GCV,
  I have the same setup using WxMesg Server to drive the EMWIN stream and Interwarn to display it. However, now the bulletins are updating fine but the warning map display is showing nothing....... Is the a way to make this work or does the map display get it's data from the Interwarn servers directly?

Jim

I don't know, Interwarn has been working pretty good so I've only been using it.  I never figured out how to get the EMWIN stream into Interwrn interface. 

I did note that a few days ago when we had strong storms, here that the Warning Maps were not working, and I was not getting warning overlays in StormLab Radar either.  I think that comes from their servers.  So, sadly... I've been resorting to using RadarScope on the phone for Radar information and storm warning overlays.

Sorry I wan't more help.  MY old system crashed when MS forced an update to Windows 10 and wiped my hard-drive somehow.  I've been struggling to get my new PC up and running from backups, but as always, just when you 'think' you have stuff backed up... Nope, still missed some.

Offline parkernathan

• Forecaster
    • WeatherTogether
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2016, 02:25:57 PM »
I downloaded the StormLab and InterWarn trial recently, and I shortly removed them. The software was too unreliable, and neither sales nor support would email me back with any questions I asked.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Now that I've removed the trial, is there anything else I need to do to ensure it's removed from my machine (such as a registry cleaner)?

2. For the guy who has Storm Target. I'm doing IT work for http://www.thebrww.org. I recently rebuilt their website. They've been using Interwarn for alerts. How much would it cost them to transition to Storm Target? I think they'd need it on three machines plus I'd be interested in loading it on mine.

Thanks!
Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://weathertogether.net