Author Topic: Problems downloading larger amounts of archive data using Vantage Pro DLL  (Read 827 times)

Offline pfletch101

• Forecaster
    • Personal Website
I am having a problem with the DownloadData_V() Function in the Vantage Pro DLL. I am using it from VB.NET with the modified and corrected version of the VB definition file I have described previously. The function call works fine for relatively small batches of data (up to about 300 records - just over a day's worth when sampling every 5 minutes), but consistently fails, returning an undocumented error value (-32701), if one tries to download anything close to the entire memory contents of the WeatherLink logger (~ 2500 records). Between those limits, results are inconsistent. I have occasionally been able to download up to 1200+ records, but more usually get the undocumented error when I am trying to download more than 400 or so. Has anyone else experienced this and/or can anyone offer any suggestions? It feels like either a memory allocation error or some sort of time out on the data download, but the inconsistency makes it very difficult to deal with. I have no reason to think that either VB or my corrections to the definition file are at fault, since everything else works, so I would expect to see the same issue from Visual C or C#.
Vantage Pro 2+ connected to Raspberry Pi running weewx by means of Meteo-Pi - data incorporated in domestic energy production (PV) and use monitoring system.

anything