Author Topic: Red 8.0 and going idle  (Read 1770 times)

Offline WA7FWF

• Contributor
  • Blitzortung 1196
Red 8.0 and going idle
« on: September 08, 2016, 01:57:58 PM »
Since going to 8.0 I am finding my station in a idle mode picking up nothing, making any changes to amp settings wakes it up. I currently do not have the E field running but I guess I should hook it back up and see if both amps are behaving the same way. Anyone else noticing their station going idle?

Thanks Kevin

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
Re: Red 8.0 and going idle
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 03:04:10 PM »
Yes, my BLUE still on 8.0 B5, went idle today.  Reset was all it took. Both my RED and BLUE would stop sending with 8.1 

I've held off on updating to 8.1-b1 though Tobi thinks the problems are minimized.... this may be a server issue also, since this is the only "idle" I've had on 8.0b5 since day one with it ... I'd go ahead and mention in in the BT FIRMWARE THREAD if it happens again....

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 04:09:03 PM »
I upgraded my RED to 8.1b1 yesterday afternoon and have not noticed any issues, so far. I was on 8.0b5 for quite a while and had an occasional freezing of the system. Will watch is closely to see if the latest version had corrected the issue.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline WA7FWF

• Contributor
  • Blitzortung 1196
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 04:51:27 PM »
Well I added the E field and things went south fast, had 4-5 freezes then hard fault LR=20011988 PC=80295B6.  Went back to 7.4 and  lost all my settings  so I went back through the initial setup and I think things are back to normal, will let it run for a day and see if it is stable again.

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 05:49:08 PM »
Well I added the E field and things went south fast, had 4-5 freezes then hard fault LR=20011988 PC=80295B6.  Went back to 7.4 and  lost all my settings  so I went back through the initial setup and I think things are back to normal, will let it run for a day and see if it is stable again.
8.0b5 should be stable on your RED... it will take several moments for it to stabilize due to changes, and may act funky... if after a few minutes it hasn't settled in, remove the power, and do a cold restart after a minute or two.
Remember these are BETA, but they need all the feedback they can get... part of what they're doing is a lot of 'quality' paradigms on the server, and some issues will be due to that... so don't forget to post your results, and any steps you take on the firmware thread at BT http://forum.blitzortung.org/showthread.php?tid=1623

Offline WA7FWF

• Contributor
  • Blitzortung 1196
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 06:32:03 PM »
when I click that link I get...
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
    You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
    Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
    You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

so I will have to research this... lol

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 07:09:42 PM »
Did you login to the forum?  That's an internal board...not public.

Offline WA7FWF

• Contributor
  • Blitzortung 1196
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 10:20:48 PM »
yup logged in and saw a post from someone else having the same issue... so not sure whats going on why I can't view that link

Offline WA7FWF

• Contributor
  • Blitzortung 1196
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 10:25:07 PM »
OK looks like I only have visibility to the public forums... well at least that explains that

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 11:16:05 PM »
I checked your account. You should be able to access the Internal Forum.  Try logging in first, then go to internal boards, to the firmware thread through the board menu.  Some threads don't allow direct link access, available only through forum board menu.
Mike

Offline WA7FWF

• Contributor
  • Blitzortung 1196
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2016, 01:42:54 PM »
Well 3 browsers later and flushing cache and turning off virus and add blockers still can't get to the private stuff only public... but enough of that.
Going back to 7.4 stable as a rock, loaded 8.1b1 this morning and so far it is working fine... so I guess I will run with this for awhile and see how it does.