Author Topic: Android App issue  (Read 483 times)

Offline Rfine

• Krugerville- Fairview Farms KTXAUBRE32
Android App issue
« on: April 26, 2019, 03:49:03 PM »
Hello Folks,
I’m hoping someone can help me find a solution to my Android app issue.
Ever since all the recent updates to the profile system and WU app, I have not been able to access my station on the Android app.  It shows on the map view but when I select it or enter my station ID manually, it automatically switches to our local airport station.  I can select other stations around me and they work fine.  If I use a web browser I can access all my station data as normal as the problem only happens with the Android app.  I have tried reinstalling the app and it still does not work.  By the way, I have the same problem on all of my Android devices.
On April 9th, I sent a support email to WU and no one has responded to my issue.
I can usually resolve problems myself but this one seems out of my reach!
I would be grateful if anyone had some ideas for resolution!
Thanks,
Roger

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Alaska, The Last American Frontier
  • Forecaster
  • Living in the "Last American Frontier"
Re: Android App issue
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 04:51:37 PM »
Hello Folks,
I’m hoping someone can help me find a solution to my Android app issue.
Ever since all the recent updates to the profile system and WU app, I have not been able to access my station on the Android app.  It shows on the map view but when I select it or enter my station ID manually, it automatically switches to our local airport station.  I can select other stations around me and they work fine.  If I use a web browser I can access all my station data as normal as the problem only happens with the Android app.  I have tried reinstalling the app and it still does not work.  By the way, I have the same problem on all of my Android devices.
On April 9th, I sent a support email to WU and no one has responded to my issue.
I can usually resolve problems myself but this one seems out of my reach!
I would be grateful if anyone had some ideas for resolution!
Thanks,
Roger
Using Android 7.1.1 without issues. What version are you using?

Offline Rfine

• Krugerville- Fairview Farms KTXAUBRE32
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 06:46:53 PM »
Hi,
I'm using Android 7.0 on Moto G5 Plus
            Android 7.1.1 on Galaxy Tab-A 8.0
Neither work.  I kind of wonder if it's something wrong with my WU profile database as relates to Android.  Guess I'll never know if they don't answer my email.

Offline alnames

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 12:58:12 AM »
I have this exact problem on an S8 on Android 9. Also, my PWS shows an airplane icon on it after selecting it.

Offline farcus

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 05:45:26 AM »
I was having the same issues described here until recently . . .
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=36556.0
Not sure what happened to correct the issue but I am no longer seeing the problem
App version is 5.9.6 / Android 9

Perhaps trying clearing all data, cache in android app / storage settings then making sure latest app is installed

Offline farcus

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 05:50:53 AM »
it's also been suggested elsewhere in the forum that clearing cache and removing the app . . .  then installing the app version 5.8.2 corrects these issues
https://apkpure.com/weather-underground-forecasts/com.wunderground.android.weather/download/2018021619-APK?from=versions%2Fversion