Author Topic: Weather Underground hosed again  (Read 1276 times)

Offline ctccbc

• Senior Contributor
  • Acurite 01035, Weather Display
    • Chris Collins Morehead City, NC Weather
Weather Underground hosed again
« on: June 09, 2018, 12:54:43 AM »
Weather underground seems to be "under the weather" once again tonight. The current conditions graphic is dissapearing frequently, the tables and graphs are not updating, or are just sporadically. This has been going on for a couple of hours now. Almost looks like someone is tinkering with them, but it is totally a mess right now. Starting to become very frustrated!

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
Re: Weather Underground hosed again
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 02:12:53 AM »
We had a short authorization outage for PWS stations.

this has been resolved.  Please pardon our growing pains, we're trying to whip the system into ship shape, there's going to be some stumbles along the way

Offline trixiet

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 06:39:18 AM »
Its been hosed for a while. I have been trying to set up my old camera that was working fine last week and all I get is this:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, support@wunderground.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

My camera was working fine up till Monday of last week when it went no response. I deleted it and tried to redo it and all I got was the above. I also emailed support 3 times with no one replying.I guess their email for service is not monitored. It's just there for people to thing they care. It would be great if they cared more about their customers.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 08:28:19 AM »
Trixiet,

You may need to try what I had to do. Turn off the automatic IP assignment and Manually assign the IP address in your software. This was the only way I was able to get data to start flowing again.

Offline trixiet

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 12:07:29 PM »
That didn't work. And WU didn't give a crap about their paying customers. Maybe their corporate office would entertain me. I am about ready to just tell WU where to stick it. I would love to hear from a WU rep here.

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 12:10:19 PM »
That didn't work. And WU didn't give a crap about their paying customers. Maybe their corporate office would entertain me. I am about ready to just tell WU where to stick it. I would love to hear from a WU rep here.
http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=34532.msg350937#msg350937

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 01:21:26 PM »
Its been hosed for a while. I have been trying to set up my old camera that was working fine last week and all I get is this:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, support@wunderground.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

My camera was working fine up till Monday of last week when it went no response. I deleted it and tried to redo it and all I got was the above. I also emailed support 3 times with no one replying.I guess their email for service is not monitored. It's just there for people to thing they care. It would be great if they cared more about their customers.

I've had the same error and right now I am of the opinion, I am offering weather and sky conditions.  If you want them, go for it. If not,  I can turn it off and not worry about it. See I don't use their charts, graphs when there are a lot of places around the country that have equal, better or worse.    I wouldn't get my panties in a wad,   I wrote them, no response.  bleah..

anything