Author Topic: FCC filing for the Atlas posted  (Read 3395 times)

Offline iszekeres

FCC filing for the Atlas posted
« on: March 15, 2018, 12:17:14 AM »
Bored tonight so I started poking around.  A couple of weeks ago this was posted to the FCC site.  Interesting photos of the dissassembled atlas.....

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=lw7Ouif2eSfGa%2BVMUjNnrA%3D%3D&fcc_id=RNEATLASTX

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
Re: FCC filing for the Atlas posted
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 01:58:39 PM »
Nice find! Good picutes of the inside and outside of the Atlas. I also downloaded the user manual.

Thanks for posting!

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 02:00:49 PM »
Cool nice information,,I see it has a 2 year warranty =D>, Also the test report was July '17 so this thing is way over due.  ](*,)
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 02:10:54 PM »
I hope it makes it to market soon and that the early reviews end up being positive. Acurite badly needs some good press after long delay on the Atlas and the Smarthub/Access fiasco.

We still have no authoritative information about price except what was leaked on the Amazon listings a few months ago. Maybe Acurite will run some introductory sales to encourage early adopters.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 02:14:15 PM by alanb »
Alan - Ambient WS-2000, WH31E x5, WH31L, Ecowitt WN32(WH32E)
          Airthings Corentium Home Radon Detector 223

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 02:17:57 PM »
We still have no authoritative information about price except what was leaked on the Amazon listings a few months ago. Maybe Acurite will run some introductory sales to encourage early adopters.

They gave some hints in the CES 2018 Video at about the 4:55 mark.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQnLUeqbE-c[/youtube]

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 02:20:57 PM »
Cool nice information, I see it has a 2 year warranty =D>

Be aware that's only on the outside sensor unit.  All other parts like the console are still at a year.

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 03:08:41 PM »
Good find! Thanks for posting.

How come some of the boards looked damaged in the pics?
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 03:12:16 PM »

I've noticed that in other FCC filings.  My guess is the labs just rip the devices apart.

At least this one didn't use rusty tape measures. ;)

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 03:39:46 PM »
Cool nice information, I see it has a 2 year warranty =D>

Be aware that's only on the outside sensor unit.  All other parts like the console are still at a year.
That's fine I'll take it.
KMIBADAX38

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 03:42:47 PM »

I've noticed that in other FCC filings.  My guess is the labs just rip the devices apart.

At least this one didn't use rusty tape measures. ;)
I seen that too and that's what it looks like, what a shame a nice new units cannibalized.
KMIBADAX38

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 04:01:31 PM »
How come there is no filing for the Atlas Elite?

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2018, 04:08:04 PM »

Confidentiality.  There's no point in tipping off the competition too soon.

Note in the Alas filing there is a request that some exhibits remain permanently confidential.

Offline iszekeres

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2018, 04:34:17 PM »

Confidentiality.  There's no point in tipping off the competition too soon.

Note in the Alas filing there is a request that some exhibits remain permanently confidential.

Or it doesn't exist. Or the paperwork was lost. Or they have no money to move forward with another new product.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2018, 04:37:41 PM »
Or it doesn't exist. Or the paperwork was lost. Or they have no money to move forward with another new product.

For all of which you have no proof.  :roll:

Offline iszekeres

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2018, 04:50:13 PM »

For all of which you have no proof.  :roll:

You must have had your coffee today George, I was going to save you the trouble.....

Did I miss the part where you had any proof that the elite is moving forward?

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2018, 04:57:22 PM »
If you're going to assert something, you are obliged to provide proof.

Offline iszekeres

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2018, 05:06:41 PM »

Confidentiality.

I was pointing out that you do not know why there is no filing for the elite, yet you answer with conviction that the filing is not posted because acurite is holding back.  I was illustrating a point, George.  Do you have any evidence at all that the project is moving forward?

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2018, 05:14:22 PM »

Confidentiality.

I was pointing out that you do not know why there is no filing for the elite, yet you answer with conviction that the filing is not posted because acurite is holding back.  I was illustrating a point, George.  Do you have any evidence at all that the project is moving forward?

It's common for FCC filings to be held back from the public view for competitive reasons.  There's even proof that they've requested permanent confidentiality for some exhibits in this filing.  Given that "Atlas Elite" builds on the technology in the Atlas, there's little surprise that no public filing on it has been disclosed.

Your "illustration" is meaningless and is just an ignorant comment with no basis in reality.  If you want to refute that, show some proof that they "have no money", "lost the paperwork", or that "it doesn't exist".
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 05:17:44 PM by nincehelser »

Offline iszekeres

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2018, 05:31:22 PM »

Confidentiality.

It's common for FCC filings to be held back from the public view for competitive reasons.  There's even proof that they've requested permanent confidentiality for some exhibits in this filing.  Given that "Atlas Elite" builds on the technology in the Atlas, there's little surprise that no public filing on it has been disclosed.

Your "illustration" is meaningless and is just an ignorant comment with no basis in reality.

And it is just as common for projects to go belly up because companies have overextended themselves.....can you ever admit that you may be wrong or would your whole world just collapse in on itself?  Did you need to move to texas because your ego outgrew nebraska?

Maybe you just need some help with social interaction George.....here is a better way to present yourself:

"why is there no posting for the elite?"

"Well, I am not sure.  Sometimes companies will hold back information in order to keep a competitive advantage.  Sometimes projects stall and are cancelled.  I do not have any information, but I suspect acurite is focused on (rolling out the atlas first) (focusing their efforts on troubleshooting access issues) (still finalizing board revs before submission) (waiting for the pizza delivery guy to show)."

Or:

"Sometimes companies will hold back information in order to keep a competitive advantage.  I do have additional information that I cannot discuss because I have signed a NDA with acurite."

Instead you do what you always do.  Make declarative statements with no supporting information and then flip out when someone questions "muh knowledge".

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2018, 05:38:11 PM »

Confidentiality.

Your "illustration" is meaningless and is just an ignorant comment with no basis in reality.

And it is just as common for projects to go belly up because companies have overextended themselves.....can you ever admit that you may be wrong or would your whole world just collapse in on itself?  Did you need to move to texas because your ego outgrew nebraska?

Maybe you just need some help with social interaction George.....here is a better way to present yourself:

"why is there no posting for the elite?"

"Well, I am not sure.  Sometimes companies will hold back information in order to keep a competitive advantage.  Sometimes projects stall and are cancelled.  I do not have any information, but I suspect acurite is focused on (rolling out the atlas first) (focusing their efforts on troubleshooting access issues) (still finalizing board revs before submission) (waiting for the pizza delivery guy to show)."

Or:

"Sometimes companies will hold back information in order to keep a competitive advantage.  I do have additional information that I cannot discuss because I have signed a NDA with acurite."

Instead you do what you always do.  Make declarative statements with no supporting information and then flip out when someone questions "muh knowledge".

I don't need your guidance on anything.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2018, 05:43:32 PM »
An employee posted on the support board (Rachel as I recall) that the Elite was being tested.

https://support.acurite.com/acurite/topics/amazon-have-the-weather-station-acurite-atlas?topic-reply-list[settings][filter_by]=all&topic-reply-list[settings][reply_id]=19374777#reply_19374777
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 05:52:19 PM by DoctorKnow »

Offline iszekeres

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2018, 06:04:28 PM »
An employee posted on the support board (Rachel as I recall) that the Elite was being tested.

https://support.acurite.com/acurite/topics/amazon-have-the-weather-station-acurite-atlas?topic-reply-list[settings][filter_by]=all&topic-reply-list[settings][reply_id]=19374777#reply_19374777

See George, learn from the group.....that wasn't so hard!

Thanks Dr. K.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2018, 06:07:15 PM »

See George, learn from the group.....that wasn't so hard!

Thanks Dr. K.

:roll:

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2018, 06:14:41 PM »
should they not be using hall effect sensors instead of reed switches?

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2018, 06:51:50 PM »
should they not be using hall effect sensors instead of reed switches?

I'm not sure what advantage there might be for a hall effect sensor on the rain buckets.  Reed switches are obviously cheaper.

As for the anemometer, I suspect it might be a hall effect sensor rather than a reed switch, but I can't really tell from the pictures.

I'm also unclear what those two rods are doing in that "rain cup".  If I remember right, the rain would first flow against those rods completing a circuit, then flow down through the hole into the tipping buckets.

I'm not sure what that circuit is doing.  Maybe it would only count bucket tips if there is actual rain so wind rocking is ignored?  But if that was the case, I'm still registering rain tips when taking the unit up-and-down.  ???