Author Topic: Anyone else seeing problems with MBW web updates?  (Read 1602 times)

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
Anyone else seeing problems with MBW web updates?
« on: July 28, 2012, 08:15:04 PM »
For the past few weekends, I've noticed that My Backyard Weather (MBW) has been having issues getting uploaded data to display on the web in a timely fashion.  It is almost as if there is a big incoming buffer queue that is filling up faster than they can post the data.  When it does update, it seems to jump a half hour at a time.

This afternoon, we had 1.89" of rain in one dumping.  MBW is only showing 0.06", because it was claiming that my sensor was offline.  It had some data, and the times were different between the instrument applet windows.  It seems to be showing current times on all windows now at 8:00 PM EDT, but the rain gauge never caught up.  I've noticed it happening more than one weekend now.  (Yesterday, it seemed to be updating fine all day but was complaining that none of the three forecast windows had 4 hours of continuous data to do a forecast.)

I don't want to waste their tech support time if this is a problem with just my data, since I have been wrestling with my upload computer running out of RAM and killing the collection/upload apps every few days.  Hence, trying to figure out if it is just me, or if everyone else is seeing these same problems.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline hdtvluvr

• Senior Contributor
Re: Anyone else seeing problems with MBW web updates?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 10:01:06 PM »
I have also seen issues with the system not having 4 hours of continuous data to do a forecast. 

Offline Rhino

• Senior Contributor
Re: Anyone else seeing problems with MBW web updates?
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 10:51:11 AM »
Sorry for the SUPER LATE response here, but there was an issue on the server software in regards to the forecast- as well as an issue with the database server (causing outages and delayed uploads for some users) over the last 3 weeks. We have fixed the issue and I am not seeing these problems anymore.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Please note that the updated bridge and firmware is still in development, and is scheduled to be launched this fall- I know it has been a long road, but we want to make sure and release a great product! You can get more information and updates by visiting our website:
http://support.acurite.com/acurite/topics/acu_link_internet_bridge_availability

Thanks,
Ryan