Author Topic: Woman Blown Away in Storm  (Read 5023 times)

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
Woman Blown Away in Storm
« on: June 13, 2011, 05:16:18 PM »
  Video of girl blown away in a storm in Wisconsin! :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQhTBS0Yteo

Mark

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: Woman Blown Away in Storm
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 05:49:22 PM »
Bit of an idiot for getting out of the car at that moment, eh?  And I imagine thee hinges were sprung after that!
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 06:10:06 PM »
  Really, she is lucky she hit a gas pump! #-o  Ouch.
    Mg

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 07:40:27 PM »
Bit of an idiot for getting out of the car at that moment, eh?  And I imagine thee hinges were sprung after that!
Man you ain't kidding.
Possible Darwin award here. :-)
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 09:16:08 PM »
She would have known better if she had pushed the button and talked to Blondestar.
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline DJMWX86

• Senior Contributor
  • I LOVE WX!
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 09:24:55 PM »
I saw that and makes me wonder why she ever got out in the first place?  ](*,)
Thanks.
Doug
CW2334=CWOP
KOHMOREL1=WUnderground
OH-CY-13=CoCoRaHS
WX Station: Davis VP2 6152 (Wireless)
WX OS: VWS 15.00
VWSaprs: v. 2.0.2.0.

[

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 09:27:33 PM »
She would have known better if she had pushed the button and talked to Blondestar.

LMAO!  Classic.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 09:29:19 PM »
   When I saw it on the news they said she thought a tornado was coming and would be safer in the gas station.
LMAO!  Classic.
   Absolutely funny to the extreme! :lol:
   Mg

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 09:34:20 PM »
   When I saw it on the news they said she thought a tornado was coming and would be safer in the gas station.
LMAO!  Classic.
   Absolutely funny to the extreme! :lol:
   Mg

That's always a rib cracker! I LMAO every time I watch that. Classic!

Offline xykotik

• DonkeyTailWX DW6891
  • Forecaster
  • I'll deal with it tomorrow
    • DonkeyTail Weather
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 12:10:39 AM »
Slightly OT, but Greg started it...

True story... Some colleagues and I came across a (non-blonde) woman in a central NC Walmart parking lot, freaking out because her battery was dead and she was stuck inside the locked car.  She got our attention pounding on the window and yelling "help!"  She would frantically dig at the recessed-lockstem, and flail at the unlock-button, yelling at us that she "can't pull the #$)*^@ handle, because it is locked!" We thought for sure that Candid Camera was watching us.  We managed to contain our laughter once she finally pulled the handle, because it was actually quite sad.  She was all red and overheated, sweaty and crying.  She was so used to using the unlock button (since it would lock automatically when put in gear) that once she started to panic she couldn't think of the obvious thing to try.  We offered a jump-start, but she said she would just call AAA on her cellphone.  Her husband got it for emergencies like this.

Facit solem suum oriri super bonos et malos et pluit super iustos et iniustos.

Springtime in Seattle...  March comes in like a lion and out like a wet lion.

Offline SlowModem

• Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 12:34:40 AM »
What is this world coming to?   ](*,)
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 01:08:29 AM »
What is this world coming to?   ](*,)

That is a good question.

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 06:35:14 AM »
Well, the front door of the glass factory was locked.  :lol:

Andrew

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 09:14:53 AM »
Well, the front door of the glass factory was locked.  :lol:
Andrew
    That is another good one :lol: :lol:.  But it reminds me of a time I was really scared.  I lived in an apartment back in 1977, on the 3rd floor.  We had a tornado warning on evening. Now they told us to go down to the ground floor under the stairs.  I didn't notice until we got there (even though I had seen it a thousand times) that the whole flight of stairs, 3 floors, had nothing but big panes of glass, top to bottom.  We would have looked like a Japanese chef with a ginsu knife went beserk if a tornado had hit.  We decided next time we would run across the street to the Fire Station.  Anywhere would be better than that, almost anywhere.
    Mg

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 10:54:40 AM »

True story... Some colleagues and I came across a (non-blonde) woman in a central NC Walmart parking lot, freaking out because her battery was dead and she was stuck inside the locked car.  She got our attention pounding on the window and yelling "help!"  She would frantically dig at the recessed-lockstem, and flail at the unlock-button, yelling at us that she "can't pull the #$)*^@ handle, because it is locked!" We thought for sure that Candid Camera was watching us.  We managed to contain our laughter once she finally pulled the handle, because it was actually quite sad.  She was all red and overheated, sweaty and crying.  She was so used to using the unlock button (since it would lock automatically when put in gear) that once she started to panic she couldn't think of the obvious thing to try.  We offered a jump-start, but she said she would just call AAA on her cellphone.  Her husband got it for emergencies like this.

Here's another one that I happened to witness yesterday.  True story.  Blonde pulls up in an expensive Mercedes and parks just up the street from me as I'm walking home.  She rolls up the passenger and driver's windows.  Gets out of the car and then As she's walking away activates the car's locking system from the key fob (chirp, chirp).  Normal, right?  Except this was a MB CLK 350 convertible - WITH THE TOP DOWN!  LMAO.  I did not know there was a "force field" option in the new MBs.    Where's that special blue button?  :)

Offline SlowModem

• Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 11:20:14 AM »
Here's another one that I happened to witness yesterday.  True story.  Blonde pulls up in an expensive Mercedes and parks just up the street from me as I'm walking home.  She rolls up the passenger and driver's windows.  Gets out of the car and then As she's walking away activates the car's locking system from the key fob (chirp, chirp).  Normal, right?  Except this was a MB CLK 350 convertible - WITH THE TOP DOWN!  LMAO.  I did not know there was a "force field" option in the new MBs.    Where's that special blue button?  :)

Too many dips into the peroxide!

Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 11:53:57 AM »
Not totally defending this apparent brain dead moment.  But "locking" the doors does lock the fuel cap, activates the ignition immobilizer, motion/proximity sensor and other alarm features.  So if someone hops in to grab something the alarm will go off.  Rolling up the windows prevents a "lean-in" to steal sunglasses or spare change.  Kind of like locking the front door of your house, while all your windows are open and the window screens are the only barrier to entry.  If anything this method she used might save her some money as it might prevents a smash and grab or the more expensive convertible "slash" and grab.   

But it does leave her wide open for a seagull drive/fly by...

Andrew

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 03:02:53 PM »

True story... Some colleagues and I came across a (non-blonde) woman in a central NC Walmart parking lot, freaking out because her battery was dead and she was stuck inside the locked car.  She got our attention pounding on the window and yelling "help!"  She would frantically dig at the recessed-lockstem, and flail at the unlock-button, yelling at us that she "can't pull the #$)*^@ handle, because it is locked!" We thought for sure that Candid Camera was watching us.  We managed to contain our laughter once she finally pulled the handle, because it was actually quite sad.  She was all red and overheated, sweaty and crying.  She was so used to using the unlock button (since it would lock automatically when put in gear) that once she started to panic she couldn't think of the obvious thing to try.  We offered a jump-start, but she said she would just call AAA on her cellphone.  Her husband got it for emergencies like this.
Here's another one that I happened to witness yesterday.  True story.  Blonde pulls up in an expensive Mercedes and parks just up the street from me as I'm walking home.  She rolls up the passenger and driver's windows.  Gets out of the car and then As she's walking away activates the car's locking system from the key fob (chirp, chirp).  Normal, right?  Except this was a MB CLK 350 convertible - WITH THE TOP DOWN!  LMAO.  I did not know there was a "force field" option in the new MBs.    Where's that special blue button?  :)
   Too bad you didn't film it.  It could be on "The Smoking Gun's World's Dumbest......"!  

anything