Author Topic: Weatherhawk settings in VWS  (Read 903 times)

Offline divermac

Weatherhawk settings in VWS
« on: August 26, 2015, 01:53:59 PM »
I've got a Weatherhawk station and have been using VWS to publish to Wunderground.  While trying to also publish to pwsweather.com, I ended up trying version 15 of VWS (was using version 14).  I can no longer communicate with the weatherhawk, and further, the Weatherhawk settings (under the Settings tab) no longer works.  I can click the button, but no settings window pops up.  Anyone else experience this?  Troubleshooting ideas?  I can still communicate just fine with the Weatherhawk Device Config utility, so I know it is not a hardware issue.  I have the correct COM port configured in VWS and chose Weatherhawk as my station. I have tried VWS version 12-15 with the same results.

Offline divermac

Re: Weatherhawk settings in VWS
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 10:32:54 AM »
Well I have a partial answer on this issue.  The installation files from ambientweather.com do not include the Weatherhawk folder (which I presume contains the files used when the Weatherhawk Settings option is chosen from the Settings menu).  I downloaded an old version 13 installer from virtual-weather-station.software.informer.com which included the Weatherhawk folder along with 33 files.  The weather station can now communicate with VWS, although I'm now running an old version of the software.  I'm hesitant to upgrade to version 15 since it seems to be uploading fine to Wunderground and PWSWeather.com.