Author Topic: VWS Annual Rainfall  (Read 1322 times)

Offline DavidD

VWS Annual Rainfall
« on: August 18, 2015, 11:49:51 PM »
Is there a way to set the date for the annual rainfall?  I have my MeteoBridge set for 10/1, but I doubt that setting carries over.  I participate in CoCoRaHS, which uses 10/1 to start the year, and I'd like to keep VWS in sync.

Offline LFWX

• Forecaster
  • Liberty Township, Butler County, Ohio
    • Liberty Fairfield Weather Center
Re: VWS Annual Rainfall
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 11:27:05 PM »
Technically "Annual" Rainfall starts 1/1 and "Water Year" Rainfall starts 10/1.

VWS only records Annual Rainfall, so unfortunately the answer is no.  :-(
Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Fan Aspirated
Software: Virtual Weather Station V14.00p64
www.LFWeatherCenter.com
CWOP: DW1039
CoCoRaHS: OH-BT-1
Weather Underground: KOHHAMIL7
Weather For You: DW1039
Midwestern Weather Network

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 08:49:23 PM »
I know this is a relatively old thread but thought I would chime-in on the issue of setting up annual (or yearly) rainfall using VWS and a Davis weather station.

First of all, as far as I know, the only way to change the daily, monthly and annual rainfall reports is to manually edit the data files. This is not a simple thing to do. However, before any of these changes will work correctly on an annual basis, you must change the RAIN SEASON BEGINS setting on the Davis console itself. VWS only collects the data it gets from the data files. To change the RAIN SEASON BEGINS setting, go into setup mode (Press DONE and the "-" console key) and then, using the DONE key, keep pressing it until you reach the RAIN SEASON BEGINS setting on the display. Then, using the + or - keys, select the month for the start of the rainy season. When finished, press and hold DONE until the current weather screen appears.

NOTE: This setup process does not change any rainfall data. It only sets the console up so it will reset everything at the beginning of each RAIN SEASON selected above. So, it may take as long as a year for your yearly rainfall data to get in sync unless you manually change the data files.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline DavidD

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 10:56:47 PM »
I have my Davis set at 10/1.

I have ended up not using VWS for the time.

David