Author Topic: No Allentown, PA test alert this week?  (Read 2222 times)

Offline Sigdigit

• Forecaster
No Allentown, PA test alert this week?
« on: January 01, 2009, 12:16:07 PM »
I received my Midland 300 radio for Christmas and have had it on and programmed since 12/28/08.  According to the Mount Holly/Philadelphia NOAA site, there is supposed to be a test alert every Wednesday between 1100 and 1200.  Since there was some winter weather/wind advisories going on, I figured it was postponed until today as the website says may happen.  Well, the 1100-1200 hour has passed and still no test alert.  Anyone else programmed to listen to channel 1 (Allentown, PA transmitter) who hasn't received alert?  My reception is strong and clear.  I was hoping to confirm whether or not the SAME alert function was working.  Maybe no test because of New Years holiday?

Update: I did receive the required weekly test today, New Year's Day, albeit a little late, but the alert siren did not sound.  Is that the way the Required Weekly test signal should work, without audible tone?  The Midland 300 owner's manual does not say.

2nd Update: This week the alert tone did sound preceeding the Required Weekly Test.  Seems that all test alerts are disabled by default, you have to enable them if you want to hear the alert for tests.  Somebody at Midland dropped the ball writing the owner's manual!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 07:24:05 AM by Sigdigit »