Author Topic: Gone and bunged it up - take 2  (Read 890 times)

Offline corwyyn

• Forecaster
  • Far, far east Mesa, AZ
    • Sleeping Saguaros Weather  Mesa, AZ
Gone and bunged it up - take 2
« on: December 04, 2016, 04:51:47 AM »
Trying to do some maintenance on the website tonight and apparently I wasn't paying attention to some of the changes I was trying to make and wound up with some errors.  If anyone could give things a look over and point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.  The main page is http://weather.bevbros.net/wxindex.php and I have the following problems:
On main page I have the following message -
Top Warning Information Unavailable, error fetching or reading data from the NOAA advisories server.

And I somehow also enabled the error about the WXSIM forecast not being available.

On the wxadvisory page I have this -
Advisory Information Unavailable, error fetching or reading data from the NOAA advisories server.

Both errors are the result of trying to find/fix a problem that had plagued me since I did my last update to enable the page to retrieve and display the new NWS forecast information.  After updating I found that the wxadvisory page was showing the warnings for the default locations in California.  I finally had some time tonight to look into it and tracked down the problem area and updated it, but somewhere along the line I changed one or more page settings that result in the new errors.  This will hopefully teach me to save a copy of the existing page in a different location so that if something like this happens I can simply restore the original.

As always thanks for any help you fine folks can provide.  I'm going to leave it for now and try again once I've rested a bit, these 65hr weeks are killing me...

Kevin
AD5VG
Blitzortung station 1042

Offline Otis

• (aka Paul)
  • Forecaster
    • Lake Huron Weather
Re: Gone and bunged it up - take 2
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 05:09:10 AM »
Well I have been there and done this so I know how ya feel.

The WXSIM message, did you change your settings.php file?  Thee is an entry there to set true or false depending on if you have this installed.  Entry is up in the beginning of settings.

CW3699

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 04:25:20 PM »
You have some scripts that need updating.  Use check-fetch-times.php?show=versions on your site to see which ones, and how to get the updates.

The Settings.php has
Code: [Select]
$SITE['WXSIM']            = true;  // Set to false if you have not installed WXSIM
.. Just change it to
Code: [Select]
$SITE['WXSIM']            = false;  // Set to false if you have not installed WXSIM
and you won't be bothered by WXSIM messages :)
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline corwyyn

• Forecaster
  • Far, far east Mesa, AZ
    • Sleeping Saguaros Weather  Mesa, AZ
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 04:14:17 PM »
Thanks Ken.  I got the WXSIM issue resolved and the latest Base-USA version downloaded, I'll update the needed files later tonight. 
Kevin
AD5VG
Blitzortung station 1042