General Weather/Earth Sciences Topics > Weather Conditions Discussion

Spring/Summer '18

(1/74) > >>

WeatherHost:
OK, March 1 is the first day of 'Spring', right?  March, April, May with Summer being June, July, August.

So, I'll start it off with a bang.  Errrrr, ... a Splash.

First picture is a plowed field, not a lake.  There should not be any water visible at all.  Creek is way back in those far trees, nearly a quarter mile from the road and fence in the foreground.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Second picture is the road.  Near that red arrow, water is around 8' deep.  I know because I measured it with a 1x2x8 dipstick a few years back when it did this.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

spc fresno:
California is definitely starting with a splash! After a ridiculously dry February, we are finally getting a decent storm. The highest elevations in the mountains may get up to 4 feet of snow! The central valley will get up to around 1.5" of rain, and the northern Sacramento valley (Redding, Red Bluff) might even get a little snow. It's as if winter was postponed by about 2 months! At the moment things are just starting to ramp up (in Fresno), and my weather station has picked up 0.03" in the last hour. Hard to believe it's March (this seems more typical of Dec/Jan)!

Farmtalk:
2nd wettest February on record where I live. We could see 50-60 mph wind gusts tonight, so I guess March is coming in like a lion.  ;)

WeatherHost:
^^^  A Sea Lion.

WeatherHost:
River gauge is up another foot in the last 24 hours.  That may not sound like much, but at this point flood waters spread out over many, many square miles.

Flooding is happening basically from Cincinnati to Memphis and beyond.  Also well up into Illinois and Indiana along the Wabash and other waterways that feed the Ohio.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version