Author Topic: Strange Happenings Uploading To Wunderground  (Read 4388 times)

Offline killwilly

• Forecaster
Strange Happenings Uploading To Wunderground
« on: October 04, 2008, 07:44:58 AM »
Hi all.

Not quite sure how to explain this one, but here goes. I upgraded my VWS version 13 to version 14 in early September, at the same time I purchased a WMR-200 station with data logger.

I don't run my station 24/7, but I do run it every day. I launch VWS at about 9:30 in the morning and shut down late in the evening.

When I first ran the upgrade and my new station I noticed that my daily graphs, and my uploads to Wunderground, were starting at midnight,
presumably obtaining the data from the data logger when my VWS software was shutdown.

On the 24th of September this action stopped, and hasn't worked since. It only provides data from when I launch the software in the morning.

I should add that the data logger is working because when I launch VWS, I can see records being written on the Internet bar with the time of each one.

Any help with this little problem would be very much appreciated.

Alan.

Wunderground ID...ILINCOLN15.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 08:21:26 AM by killwilly »
Alan

Offline killwilly

• Forecaster
Re: Strange Happenings Uploading To Wunderground
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 07:40:14 AM »
Addendum to my previous post. This morning 6th October it all started to work again,most odd. Has anyone any Idea why this should happen?

Alan.
Alan

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 11:37:48 PM »
That is a strange one!!!
I had a similar problem awhile back with the infrared satellite map. My map should have been the east coast but all of a sudden it started showing the west coast!
All this without any intervention from me what so ever!  Then by the next day it was back to normal...also without any help from me.
I never did find fault on my end for that.. I just assumed there was some sort of database glitch on their part that recognized my station as west coast.
Only real answer...Gremlins!  Seriously.. I hope whatever went wrong has corrected it's self. It's a bummer to diagnose the intermittent !

Wayne
www.smythweather.net
CW8217

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

Offline killwilly

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 02:09:52 AM »
Thanks Wayne, I shall see what happens over the next couple of weeks.

Alan.
Alan