Author Topic: LightningMaps.org content comments/question  (Read 850 times)

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
LightningMaps.org content comments/question
« on: January 16, 2015, 10:58:07 PM »
The http://www.lightningmaps.org/blitzortung/america/index.php?bo_page=statistics website has a lot of information displayed on the various pages. However, one thing that bugs me is that when I look at the Statistics pages, you cannot see which station # data you are looking at. The Station # does not appear anywhere on the page nor does it show up in the Select station: drop-down listing. Only the Country / State: City information is displayed. So, if there is more than one station in the same City, you cannot determine which one you are displaying.

I finally tried adding my Station # to the City field in my profile (Minden - 808). This is the City field just below the Website URL entry line. It did work so now I can see which Minden station to select but this is a kludge. All that would be needed is for the developers to add the Station # to the City selection field display.

I'm not sure where this should be posted on the BO forum so thought I would post it here first to see if anyone else sees this as an issue with the data being displayed? As we add more and more stations in the US and around the world, I am sure this will become more of a problem.

Any thoughts or comments?
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

anything