Author Topic: Graphs only show demodata.dat data  (Read 4206 times)

Offline gould6269

Graphs only show demodata.dat data
« on: October 22, 2011, 06:18:37 PM »
I just installed HeavyWeather 1.5.4 on my Windows 7 PC.  I was able to synch with the weather station and I have current data.  When I try to create a new graph it only shows me the data in the demodata.dat file.  I tried deleting the file but then I just get an error that it is missing.  How do I get the program to look at my current history.dat data?  Any help would be appreciated.

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Re: Graphs only show demodata.dat data
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 07:34:46 PM »
Be sure in the HW program, 'Extras', 'Options' section that in the 'Directories' section at the bottom you have the History one set correctly. The graph templates look in here for data and it sounds like this may your problem as the demodata.dat file is one directory up from where the history.dat files should be. Something like (example), C:\Documents and Settings\Heavyweather(demodata.dat in here)\History (history.dat's here). Also be sure in this options window that the 'Recording History File' entry up top matches this Histrory File Directory entry with the History.dat file name added on the end (ex. ....C:\Documents and Settings\Heavyweather\History\History.dat).
Hope this does it for you.
edit: Welcome to WxForum btw!

Dan
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 07:37:10 PM by DanS »

Offline gould6269

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 06:23:16 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I found that I had to click the little "check" after highlighting the history.dat entry in the history tab.  Don't remember doing that the last time but either way it now works. Now onto Weather Underground!

Offline Timshug

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 02:20:37 AM »
Thanks for the tip about clicking on the "check" to get the data available for the new template data.  I've spent hours trying to resolve that problem.
JTS