Author Topic: wxtrends.php not displaying time correctly  (Read 1357 times)

Offline af1hs

wxtrends.php not displaying time correctly
« on: July 31, 2010, 08:23:31 AM »
When the wxtrends page is first opened it correctly shows the date and time in the top title of the page (Trends as of 7/31/2010 at 8:00am).  As soon as it gets an update, I lose the time display and get instead (Trends as of 7/31/2010 at weather).  I double-checked my settings in Settings.php as well as trends-inc.php and don't see where it's getting "weather" from.  The testtags.txt file appears to be updating OK.

The top header box also shows "weather" instead of the update time and this occurs on all weather pages.

The website is at http://www.af1hs.com/wx/index.php.  Any idea where I can correct this?

Thanks!

Offline Axelvold

• Forecaster
    • Axelvold's weather and photo
Re: wxtrends.php not displaying time correctly
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 08:43:05 AM »
Have you looked in setings.php?
Lars Magnusson
Axelvold / Sweden
55° 57' 41" N / 13° 6' 1" E
WX Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: wxtrends.php not displaying time correctly
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 11:13:10 AM »
It's most likely caused by having a '-' (dash) in the name of your station in WD, Control Panel, Web Files/Web Page, Real Time Client FTP TAB,
Your weather station name to appear in the client viewer

The '-' is used as a separator in clientraw.txt for the 'name_of_station-hh:mm:ss' field, so just take any '-' (dash) out of that name and the AJAX updates should appear with the correct time (and the seconds ago counter should reset normally)

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline af1hs

<SOLVED!> Re: wxtrends.php not displaying time correctly
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 12:24:02 PM »
Thanks, Ken - that was it.  If you only knew how much I looked for the cause of that error - I would have never thought of WD doing it from the name!!

Thanks again!!

Art