Author Topic: New equipment  (Read 740 times)

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
New equipment
« on: February 12, 2017, 08:06:38 PM »
I have not been much of a tablet or smart phone user even though my wife has an iPad and I have a HP Stream 7.  My cell phones have been the awkward small-key pay-as-you-go devices.

So decided to give my wife a smart phone so she can take some pictures etc.  Came home with an iPhone 7+ for her and a Samsung Galaxie 7 for me7ee.   And a Samsung Tab E thrown in the deal.

A big learning curve but will now be able to see how my website changes display on a tablet and phone.

Certainly learned a lot about phones and wireless plans - what a gimmick!!  But I think I got a good deal.

Paul

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
Re: New equipment
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 08:20:06 PM »
I have not been much of a tablet or smart phone user even though my wife has an iPad and I have a HP Stream 7.  My cell phones have been the awkward small-key pay-as-you-go devices.

So decided to give my wife a smart phone so she can take some pictures etc.  Came home with an iPhone 7+ for her and a Samsung Galaxie 7 for me7ee.   And a Samsung Tab E thrown in the deal.

A big learning curve but will now be able to see how my website changes display on a tablet and phone.

Certainly learned a lot about phones and wireless plans - what a gimmick!!  But I think I got a good deal.

Paul

Wow! Glutton for punishment with all those devices. We have 4 Samsungs, my oldest daughter has the only Iphone.
Even though I'm retired, I kept my work phone service so its discounted a little with unlimited data.
Randy

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
Re: New equipment
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 08:24:32 PM »
I only use windows smartphones. I use it because even though there are not as many apps available, the ones that I use (Only Facebook for social, MRLevel 3 for weather, Fitbit for my exercise) are all available and work well.

The phones are not expensive for what you get. I have the Lumia 640 XL with a 5.7" screen, up to 128 gb in expanded storage (currently have a 64gb sd card), and a 13 megapixel camera. I paid $89 for the phone, and about $15 for the SD card. I use gophone's no-contract, so I do about $40/month  8-)

Nice upgrade Paul, I'm very careful on social media. It is easy to get wrapped into it. I use it primarily for staying in touch with a few folks.  :-) I prefer this forum's form of social media.  8-)
Joe Fitzwater
Chief Meteorologist for WVNS-TV 59 in Beckley, WV

Work Page on Facebook -> www.facebook.com/meteojoe
Work Page on Twitter -> https://twitter.com/meteojoe
Waterfalls -> www.wvfalls.com

anything