Author Topic: MSalsa command line?  (Read 5284 times)

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
MSalsa command line?
« on: December 29, 2009, 04:24:22 PM »
Can MovieSalsa accept any generation command line parameters for "Still Image Dir" and "Output AVI path"?

I'm going thru all my cam stills - one day at a day - and it would be great if I could pass that info thru a batch file.

Right now, I have each DAY as a DIR under each MONTH under each YEAR (...under each CAM) with the daily AVI file going to each month's DIR. It's a bit boring and time consuming having to change each day number for every movie and can see me passing it in a batch file FOR loop - at least for each month...

Pat ~ Davis VP2 6153-Weatherlink-Weather Display-StartWatch-VirtualVP-Win7 Pro-64bit
www.LasCruces-Weather.com   www.EastMesaWeather.com

Offline up10ad N9RJH

• USA Weather Finder
  • WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
  • Station will be back up someday...
    • Forecaster without a site
Re: MSalsa command line?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 07:35:02 PM »
Not that I know of.  The only automation it supports is saving settings as .tls files for running via batch process.  I have never run across any way to pass individual parameters via a command line.  Anyone lese?
Rick (N9RJH)
Have you joined USAWeatherFinder.com yet?

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 11:12:06 PM »
I didn't think so but figured I would ask before I finished!

Pat ~ Davis VP2 6153-Weatherlink-Weather Display-StartWatch-VirtualVP-Win7 Pro-64bit

Offline kray1000

• Purveyor of wry
  • Forecaster
    • http://www.roanokevalleyweather.com
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 07:04:11 PM »
Can MovieSalsa accept any generation command line parameters for "Still Image Dir" and "Output AVI path"?

I'm going thru all my cam stills - one day at a day - and it would be great if I could pass that info thru a batch file.

Right now, I have each DAY as a DIR under each MONTH under each YEAR (...under each CAM) with the daily AVI file going to each month's DIR. It's a bit boring and time consuming having to change each day number for every movie and can see me passing it in a batch file FOR loop - at least for each month...

If I'm understanding things right, you should be able to automate this.

As I think you know, you can call a batch file from the Post-Generation Shell.  In addition to changing file formats from .avi to a more-compressed type such as .wmv, you can upload files or move them around with DOS commands in the batch file.

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 02:23:11 AM »
Right, but I'm talking about passing the parameters to MSalsa itself.

More or less going thru each "day" dir in the tree and creating the AVI file as each under the "month" dir.

I'm finally organizing over a year of caps into a daily almanac and running MSalsa on each 'day' dir. The output is into the 'month' dir where I run a batch for ffmpeg for flv creation as such:

Code: [Select]
FOR %%i IN (*.avi) DO ffmpeg.exe -i %%~ni.avi -an -s 640x480 -r 20 -qscale 3 -b 200000 -keyint_min 60 -y %%~ni.flv
Now, if I could only call MSalsa that way (using a batch for recursive intent) - with the basic .tls file being used but an over-ride for 'INPUT' & 'OUTPUT', I would be a happy camper. I like the MS avi files but prefer the ffmeg flv files.

As it is now, I have to manually increment the filenames and "Make Movie" for each. Like just now - I had to change mm07yyyy to mm08yyyy to continue to the next avi creation.

Lots of lost time this way and Lord knows what I'll end up with in 24 hours... UU

I hope that all makes sense, as I have started the  UU  a little early. I need a practice run...

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 11:55:56 PM »
:-({|= And NATURALLY I discover it does, learn how it does and create a BAT file to run thru each "MMM DD" subdir uninterrupted when I'm down to only 2 or 3 movies to make... In other words, after 23 monthly each with a subdir for each day... (over 650!)  #-o

:evil: ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :evil:

:roll:

Offline DataCrunchTech

• Data Crunch Technologies
  • Developer of ImageSalsa and MovieSalsa
    • ImageSalsa Web Cam Software
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 12:28:42 PM »
Jason
support@datacrunchtech.com

www.imagesalsa.com
Home of ImageSalsa and MovieSalsa

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 08:15:21 PM »
That was the one!

Found it once a while back and had some obstacles so I forgot about it. Found it again after I first posted - actually after 23 months worth of files and was determined to make it work the way I needed out of stubbornness. There was something I kept missing the first time I found it, I think. I know my concept approach was flawed as well that first time.

I think I kept looking at the post-shell info as opposed to the MS command line info as well. I don't recall but I did get it to process in the way I needed. A bit late but still usefull as I haven't gotten to the Scheduler part of it all yet.

For sake of reference:

I have all my Oly caps sorted into daily dirs inside of each month's dir. JAN will have JAN 01, JAN 02, etc inside. I think I want to zip them all up and burn to a DL-DVD for archiving. Why, I'm not sure of yet but if I figure that out, I'll still have them and off the hard drive.

The batch file I put together will go thru each of the day folders, make the movie with the tls file I want for that cam and drop them all into the month dir. If the movie was already created, it skips to the next day. The "HERE" variable is all I have to change. The "JAN2010" I had a reason for but should've been JAN under the "2010" directory. It would've been made to go thru the different months in different years but, at this point, it wasn't needed anymore  ](*,)

In cae it helps anyone in the future - "msalsa_loop.bat":

Code: [Select]
@echo off
SET HERE=C:\PICS  SORTED DEC 2009\NW\2010\JAN2010\
SET SalsaDir=C:\Program Files\MovieSalsa\
FOR /d %%G IN ("*") DO CALL :s_msalsa %%G

:s_msalsa
if %1==JAN SET month=01
if %1==FEB SET month=02
if %1==MAR SET month=03
if %1==APR SET month=04
if %1==MAY SET month=05
if %1==JUN SET month=06
if %1==JUL SET month=07
if %1==AUG SET month=08
if %1==SEP SET month=09
if %1==OCT SET month=10
if %1==NOV SET month=11
if %1==DEC SET month=12
IF EXIST "%HERE%%month%%22010.avi" GOTO :DONE
cd "%SalsaDir%"
echo Creating %month%%22010.avi
"MovieSalsa.exe" /A /F="NWcam15fps.tls" /IP="%HERE%%1 %2\" /IF="*.jpg" /OP="%HERE%%month%%22010.avi"
echo DONE!
:DONE

Offline up10ad N9RJH

• USA Weather Finder
  • WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
  • Station will be back up someday...
    • Forecaster without a site
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 09:58:48 PM »
Check out this file: http://www.imagesalsa.com/documents/moviesalsa.txt

Jason

Jason,

From your new web site it looks like you are leveraging your products from a service perspective.  I certainly wish you the best with that. I love them both.
Rick (N9RJH)
Have you joined USAWeatherFinder.com yet?