Author Topic: Night Panorama From 1/12/14  (Read 522 times)

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
Night Panorama From 1/12/14
« on: January 14, 2014, 10:05:15 PM »
The other night I happened to look at my site at this exact moment.  The cloud formation from Cam2 was incredible under a 92% moon.  My cams takes an image every 20 seconds and the image before and after were nothing like it.  Just dumb luck..... So, I grabbed the adjacent image and made a panorama.

http://www.skunkbayweather.com/images/NightPanorama011214.jpg

On a weather note.... Yesterday officially tied the record for the MOST boring weather day in the history of Seattle.  The high temp was 51 and the low was 50.  That has only happened twice before.  1974 and 1971..... Yawn....

I have been looking forward to this moon cycle because a big high pressure ridge is building offshore.... but... today the NWS issued an air stagnation advisory, which means fog and smog for Seattle and just fog for us.  Plus, as AR1944 rotates off our direction, Northern Lights opportunities are diminishing.  Dang.....  We had a chance at X-flares a few days ago.

Thought I'd share,

Greg
Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

Offline Randall Kayfes

• Weather - Photography - Astronomy - Computer Admin
  • Forecaster
    • Arizona Kaymann
Re: Night Panorama From 1/12/14
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 11:15:38 PM »
Greg

That is one beautiful picture it looks very much lenticular!  Fantastic.
I am noticing a trend towards great cloud shot of the PNW are during the night with city or moon lighting.
Either way thank you for taking the time to share.

Randall

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Night Panorama From 1/12/14
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 11:21:03 PM »
Beautiful Greg.  Thanks for posting

Paul