Author Topic: heat word file location??  (Read 566 times)

Offline metzeric

• Contributor
    • www.niagaracountyweatherwire.com
heat word file location??
« on: May 18, 2015, 08:23:10 PM »
Does anyone know what file the heat words 'Extreme Heat Danger', 'Heat Danger', 'Extreme Heat Caution', 'Extremely Hot', 'Uncomfortably Hot',
    'Hot', 'Warm', 'Comfortable', 'Chilly', 'Cool', 'Cold', 'Very Cold', 'Extremely Cold', 'Dangerously Cold', 'Extreme Cold Danger' );

that are used on the main page are located? i wanted to change a couple of them and i thought the file i had to change was the ajaxWDwx3.js file  but after i changed that file nothing happened on the website

Thanks
Eric

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: heat word file location??
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 11:15:31 AM »
In Weather-Display, the words are specified in WD, Control Panel, Summary Image/Icons, Thresholds, then press 'Set the conditionscolour thresholds' button. (See attached image).

Keep in mind that the ajaxWDwx.js also has a set of descriptions (in the language-LL.js files) that correspond to those entries, and logic in ajaxWDwx.js that mimics the same thresholds used in the WD setup screen.

Change with caution, and in both places to remain consistent.

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline metzeric

• Contributor
    • www.niagaracountyweatherwire.com
Re: heat word file location??
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 04:17:13 PM »
In Weather-Display, the words are specified in WD, Control Panel, Summary Image/Icons, Thresholds, then press 'Set the conditionscolour thresholds' button. (See attached image).

Keep in mind that the ajaxWDwx.js also has a set of descriptions (in the language-LL.js files) that correspond to those entries, and logic in ajaxWDwx.js that mimics the same thresholds used in the WD setup screen.

Change with caution, and in both places to remain consistent.

Best regards,
Ken

thanks

anything