Author Topic: Thermometer.php causing slow loading of website  (Read 670 times)

Offline 96Cobra

Thermometer.php causing slow loading of website
« on: July 02, 2018, 06:34:53 PM »
Update....  it comes & goes, so I assume it's an issue with a file upload.

As usual, as soon as I post about needing help, it starts working on own.... I assume it has something to do with my upload issue.  It's now working & I'm off to figure out other little issues/settings updates.

I just did a complete update of my website @ www.rkb2.com and am having an issue with the thermometer.php (using Ken's templates) not loading/displaying.  I've been working on trying to figure it out, for hours, with no luck so far. I'm using Weatherlink to upload and 1and1 for hosting.

I'm also experiencing intermittent ftp upload issues, with both weatherlink and fling.  I just installed Fling to see if it would work better than the Weatherlink built in ftp client, but it isn't any better.  Filezilla works flawlessly...

Any help appreciated!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 07:26:04 PM by 96Cobra »

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Thermometer.php causing slow loading of website
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 08:28:58 PM »
You seem to be using WeatherLink (the software) as the source of your weather data.  The template depends on WLtags.php being generated by processing WLtags.htx into WLtags.php and uploading that file to your site. See this doc for more info.

Looking at check-fetch-times.php?show=wx on your site shows a 'null' (2 blank line) WLtags.php so the WeatherLink software setup is not quite correct.  Your site should work fine when you can see data displayed using WLtags.php?sce=dump and you see a series of $WX[...] variable contents displayed.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline 96Cobra

Re: Thermometer.php causing slow loading of website
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 03:31:15 AM »
Ken, Thanks for your help!  Yes, I'm using WeatherLink software.  At times, the WLtags.php file uploads fine (around 7.4 KB size) , and other times it uploads an empty (0 KB) file.  I'm not sure what the issue is with the uploads. I tried setting up Weather-Display tonight, and it would only occasionally upload as well. 

I've had an issue similar to this a couple of times before, where everything is working fine (uploads every 5 minutes) and then I'll get the intermittent upload issues. I've rebooted my PC, the router, and modem multiple times with no relief for the past 2 days.  It usually starts working again after a few days.  I have no issues at all when transferring via filezilla.  I even tried Fling yesterday and it wouldn't work consistently either.  I may try the WLtags-new.php file and see if anything changes.

Thanks again!