Author Topic: Can I send my data to CWOP?  (Read 1564 times)

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
Can I send my data to CWOP?
« on: March 10, 2015, 08:12:43 PM »
I have a Rainwise Mk III with an IP-100.  I report my data to WU, Rainwise.net and PWS.  How can I send my data to CWOP?

Offline churchi

Re: Can I send my data to CWOP?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 08:34:28 AM »
I wouldn't mind being able to do this too plus a few other of the networks out there.

It seems that with the rainwise setup that you need to have rainwise.net actually complete the integration to these other systems so that your IP-100 sends data to rainwise.net then rainsiwe.net sends out the data to other networks.

It would be nice if they wouuld put some more development work into their server/service and add more and more places for us to push our data too as it could really be a leader in that part of the industry.

Let us know if you find a way to report to more services.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 05:47:23 PM by churchi »

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 09:53:45 AM »
There is another recent thread that stated that you can send to CWOP from an IP-100 using Weather Display.

Offline churchi

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 05:39:41 PM »
Looks like over night they have added access to upload right from rainwise.net to CWOP.

Hopefully more to come.

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 08:08:23 AM »
Looks like over night they have added access to upload right from rainwise.net to CWOP.

Hopefully more to come.

Wow, ask and ye shall receive.  Those entries for CWOP and Met Office weren't there the last time I checked my settings.  I'll have to figure out sending to CWOP this afternoon.  Thank you Rainwise!

EDIT: I just set up my account.  It was so easy I did not think I was done.  I thought there had to be more to it.  Click on the link from the Rainwise.net get your ID from CWOP, enter it on the Rainwise 3rd Party Services page, hit enter and you are transmitting to CWOP!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 08:38:08 AM by ggsteve »