Author Topic: Bridge  (Read 2906 times)

Offline bluebird

Bridge
« on: May 15, 2012, 02:51:43 PM »
Just wanting to know if there is an update on the new internet bridge, any news at all?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 06:40:29 PM by bluebird »
<object width="290" height="130"><param name="movie" value="http://www.wunderground.com/swf/pws_mini_rf_nc.swf?station=KVAFLOYD8&freq=2.5&units=english&lang=EN" /><embed src="http://www.wunderground.com/swf/pws_mini_rf_nc.swf?station=KVAFLOYD8&freq=2.5&units=english&lang=EN" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="290" height="130" /></object>

Offline Rhino

• Senior Contributor
Re: Bridge
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 03:27:27 PM »
We are very excited about this product and it's associated software solutions, we are working very hard to get it released asap.

we are adding features and options to the website and mobile APP, and we are further improving the hardware and firmware. We will be releasing the updated bridge later in the summer sometime- I'm sorry I cannot give a firm date at this time, there are many irons in the fire that will affect the exact date.

Rest assured, I will let folks know in this forum and on our AcuRite support forum as soon as I have a solid release date.

Offline bluebird

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 03:29:16 PM »
Thanks, your personal response means a great deal to me.
<object width="290" height="130"><param name="movie" value="http://www.wunderground.com/swf/pws_mini_rf_nc.swf?station=KVAFLOYD8&freq=2.5&units=english&lang=EN" /><embed src="http://www.wunderground.com/swf/pws_mini_rf_nc.swf?station=KVAFLOYD8&freq=2.5&units=english&lang=EN" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="290" height="130" /></object>

Offline tonyguy2000

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 09:07:36 AM »
Will my bridge I purchased from Costco last year be out of date when the new one comes out or will it be able to do everything the new one will do? Love your products BTW.

Offline Rhino

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 03:08:12 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys- I appreciate it.

Your bridge from costco will be just fine. You will be able to use all the new enhancements and features as well. Most of what we are working on is firmware and will work on all bridges. All of the bridges receive firmware updates over the internet automatically, so yours will simply update and those features will become available at that time.

We actually have an intermediate bridge firmware (v.117) in testing right now that improves the accuracy of the readings and of the rainfall totals for all bridges. As soon as we approve it for general release, it will roll out to your bridge. That will be in the next 2 weeks if it all shakes out OK.

Offline tonyguy2000

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 05:42:11 PM »
Great, been waiting for the rainfall conversion problem to be fixed for awhile. Thanks for replying.

Offline mdouglas10

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 06:07:24 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys- I appreciate it.

Your bridge from costco will be just fine. You will be able to use all the new enhancements and features as well. Most of what we are working on is firmware and will work on all bridges. All of the bridges receive firmware updates over the internet automatically, so yours will simply update and those features will become available at that time.

We actually have an intermediate bridge firmware (v.117) in testing right now that improves the accuracy of the readings and of the rainfall totals for all bridges. As soon as we approve it for general release, it will roll out to your bridge. That will be in the next 2 weeks if it all shakes out OK.

Any update on this firmware? Does this fixed the horrible granularity and slow update speed of the data on aculink.com/wunderground.com and the discrepancies btwn the console, the internet bridge, and wunderground? Does this improve temperature data?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 06:09:49 PM by mdouglas10 »