Author Topic: Update to new Firmware Observer dosnīt work  (Read 1920 times)

Offline StoRmtec

Update to new Firmware Observer dosnīt work
« on: June 02, 2017, 03:19:38 PM »
Hello
I have update with the IPTool to the new Firmware. Now my IPTools says "No Device Found" and the LEDīs flicker only 3

Have anybody a Tipp how can my Weather Station work again

Thx

Offline dolfs

Re: Update to new Firmware Observer dosnīt work
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 05:05:57 PM »
The latest version is 4.1.2 and I would not recommend 4.1.1. Install 4.1.2 and repeat.

The problem you describe looks like a firmware update gone bad. First thing to try is to remove power from the OIP, wait 10 seconds, and install power to see if that fixes the problem. If not, you may have to use the IP Tool in DHCP mode. This allows the OIP to reboot and "find" the IP Tool and boot firmware from it.

Basically, to do that, you start up IP Tool. You can try "Search" but it would not find anything. So then you remove power from the OIP (against), press the DHCP button in IP tool, and then insert power and be patient. Eventually the new firmware should be (re)flashed on the OIP.

When I had this problem and tried it, it would initially not work. I suspect it was because I have a DHCP server on my homework and it was interfering with IP Tool. To avoid that I connected my laptop directly to the IOP and manually set a network address on my laptop (static address). This way I was able to refresh and get my OIP back.
--dolf

Ambient WS-1400-IP + MeteoBridge

Offline dupreezd

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 06:10:57 PM »
There is a "back door" method to recover from a failed update  :grin:

If you don't already have previous firmware versions stored on your computer, download it first.
Start IP Tools, but don't search for the observerIP using the 'Search' button. Click on 'Upgrade'. Choose the firmware .bin file of your choice and click on 'Upgrade Firmware'. After a few seconds, you will see the firmware being pushed to the OIP. This should restore your device to working condition.

Hope this help.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 07:41:19 PM by dupreezd »
Davis VP2 6163 | WiFi Logger
CWOP - FW0717
Blitzortung 2100

Offline StoRmtec

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 07:17:57 AM »
Thx guys. It works again

Offline dupreezd

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 07:46:24 AM »
Please explain how you got it to work. This might help other members with the same problem.

Thanks
Davis VP2 6163 | WiFi Logger
CWOP - FW0717
Blitzortung 2100