Author Topic: WeatherLink Ip  (Read 11004 times)

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: WeatherLink Ip
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2015, 06:24:19 PM »
You are new here, aren't you?  :)
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2015, 08:55:13 AM »
You don't tell/ask Davis to do anything. They do what they want, when they want and if you don't like it too bad.

And to show how complicated the altimeter thing is look at this there are 6 different ways of calculating altimeter done by this program.  I am sure there are more.     No one has ever convinced me which one is the correct one that CWOP really wants and I am not sure that they know.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2015, 10:07:50 AM »
Another question would be:

Assume you've been using Davis software (formulas) to upload to CWOP for several years, and you've adjusted things so that your CWOP quality assurance measures are "perfect".

Now, assume that Davis changes the formula they are using.  You update your system, and your uploads are no longer "perfect".  Your neighbor doesn't update hers, and those are still "perfect". 

What is the "right" answer?

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2015, 10:46:22 AM »
Wouldn't it be nice if they just got off there high horse and reported altimeter like everyone wants and uses.
I'm sure this all started from their corporate sea level headquarters in sunny California where the programmers saw SLP and altimeter readings almost always the same. Little did they consider only the coastal areas are sea level and everyone doesn't have 70 degree days year round.

I guess the message the public could send back to Davis is stop buying their equipment. I've found a work around its not perfect but I question why do I have to set my station elevation to 0' and match the airport altimeter. Shouldn't Davis supposedly leading the PWS industry address this issue and fix it.

Also rearing its big head is the new blue dot USB data loggers that are only connecting correctly with certain chip-sets on home computers. This has become frustrating also for me because both my computers are running the wrong chipset for the USB data loggers. Yes I can get them to connect but I have to jump through hoops and sometimes takes up to 1/2 hour of doing different things.   ](*,)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 10:49:09 AM by ValentineWeather »
Randy

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2015, 10:54:23 AM »
Also rearing its big head is the new blue dot USB data loggers that are only connecting correctly with certain chip-sets on home computers.

???
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2015, 10:59:25 AM »
Also rearing its big head is the new blue dot USB data loggers that are only connecting correctly with certain chip-sets on home computers.

???

Yes, it is a royal pita getting the data loggers to connect depending on the chipset the computer is running. My laptop works perfect every time both desktops have major issues. I hate doing any updates where the computer has to reboot because I know it will be 15-30 minutes before I can get the data logger connected.
Randy

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2015, 11:18:03 AM »
Yes, it is a royal pita getting the data loggers to connect depending on the chipset the computer is running. My laptop works perfect every time both desktops have major issues. I hate doing any updates where the computer has to reboot because I know it will be 15-30 minutes before I can get the data logger connected.

But what is 'blue dot' - are you getting confused with green dot or is this something new? And I've not come across any particular issues with green dot loggers (in normal use I mean) - where did the idea of interactions with specific motherboard chipsets come from - do you have a link please?
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2015, 11:24:05 AM »
Wouldn't it be nice if they just got off there high horse and reported altimeter like everyone wants and uses.

This has gone a long distance off-topic --- but I am curious how you know what everyone wants and uses.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2015, 11:56:46 AM »

But what is 'blue dot' - are you getting confused with green dot or is this something new? And I've not come across any particular issues with green dot loggers (in normal use I mean) - where did the idea of interactions with specific motherboard chipsets come from - do you have a link please?
Greendot works for me, the Silicon Labs USB chipset according to belfryboy is having connection problems on certain computers. I've had the issue since day 1 with the 2 different green dots. Both act the same way on 2 separate computers while both connect with no problem on the laptop. Others are reporting the same issue. If it works no problem on certain computers but not on others I would say its a compatibility issue with different computers chipsets.  No links or hard evidence but what I'm seeing.
Randy

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2015, 12:04:36 PM »

This has gone a long distance off-topic --- but I am curious how you know what everyone wants and uses.

OK tell me who doesn't? YOU ??? 
Randy

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2015, 12:42:17 PM »
OK tell me who doesn't? YOU ???

Yes.

Offline stormchaser911

• Certified Advance SkyWarn spotter/ Strom Chaser
  • Contributor
    • NYUpstateWeather.com
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2015, 04:50:06 PM »
Hello gang, Can some one please help me. I got my Zyxel today and for some reason it dosent get internet connetion as in it shows it but it dosntent have internet connection. I originaly went here http://192.168.1.2/index.asp  to set it up and now I cant even get on that site or ip. Can some one please help me as I wanna be sick as I spent 60 bucks on this useless thing. Im wondering if some how the ip changed on the Box I got but not shure how, Is there any way to figure out how. And can some one help me set this up. This is not just plug in and go. Thanks

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2015, 04:58:23 PM »
It might help if you would specify the exact model number of the Zyxel you have and exactly what you are seeking to accomplish.  Access point?  Repeater?
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline stormchaser911

• Contributor
    • NYUpstateWeather.com
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2015, 07:21:30 PM »
I have the N300 and yes I wanna connect to my router and I guess use the box to hard wire into the box and use it for my weatherlink ip

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2015, 07:40:36 PM »
The Zyxel N300 supports WPS.  Assuming your base router has WPS support (enabled), it is a simple matter to push two buttons.  The QuickStart guide is well quick.  ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/WRE2205_v2/quick_start_guide/WRE2205%20v2_001.pdf  You tried to follow it I assume?

Offline stormchaser911

• Contributor
    • NYUpstateWeather.com
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2015, 01:09:34 PM »
I was on Support for 2 Hrs with Zyxel and even they were stumped as to why it wasent working. Well it works now and im half way saved to get my weatherlink IP I cant wait o my god.

Offline stormchaser911

• Contributor
    • NYUpstateWeather.com
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2015, 02:25:21 PM »
Ok Gang im set up and have my weather Link Ip going. A quick question how do I sign up for the Globe program and get a id and stuff so I can upload to them. Can some one shoot me a address please. And yes I did goggle it lol. Thanks,  Also just a FYI Weather Link Ip uploads to CWOP and Weather Underground every 15 min eh wish it was quicker. Thanks gang

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2015, 02:51:04 PM »
Weather Link Ip uploads to CWOP and Weather Underground every 15 min eh wish it was quicker.

Why?  How quickly does your weather change?

Offline stormchaser911

• Contributor
    • NYUpstateWeather.com
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2015, 02:59:59 PM »
My weather Updates every 1 min to weather Link here is my link,  http://www.weatherlink.com/user/stormchaser911/index.php?view=main&headers=1  ,   I would like to sign up for the Globe program to upload to them as well also as I said it uploads every 15 min to CWOP and to Weather Underground. Thanks Steve

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2015, 05:21:50 PM »
  I would like to sign up for the Globe program to upload to them.........

The Global Learning and Observations to Benefit the Environment (GLOBE) program is a worldwide hands-on, primary and secondary school-based science and education program

https://www.globe.gov/

Weather Link Ip uploads to CWOP and Weather Underground every 15 min eh wish it was quicker.

And I asked:  Why? 

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2015, 06:39:18 PM »
Frankly, the 15 minute thing is exactly why I returned IP and went with USB. If I'm away from the house and want to see my conditions online, 15 minutes can be an eternity if the weather is bad.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2015, 06:47:30 PM »
I agree.  15 minutes is glacial.  On the lake that could mean the difference between  getting the boat tied up safely - or sunk!

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2015, 06:51:35 PM »
Glacial..... :lol:

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2015, 09:24:55 PM »
I agree.  15 minutes is glacial.  On the lake that could mean the difference between  getting the boat tied up safely - or sunk!

I understand that some folks do have a need for updates more rapid than 15 minutes.  However, I think it's a legitimate question for people to ponder, which is the reason I asked stormchaser911 "why".

But please help me understand how a weather report on CWOP or WeatherUnderground (as opposed to WeatherLink.com) will assist in more rapidly getting a boat secured.

(It seems to me that you would like to know what the weather is going to be like in 15 minutes. rather than what it is "right now").

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2015, 09:48:33 PM »
15 minutes up wind/ up lake is what I will get in 15 minutes.   So if the up wind report is delayed 14 minutes I do not have much time.  You would be surprised to see how quickly weather blows in on big water.