Author Topic: Davis Weatherlink Ticker Issue  (Read 2403 times)

Offline stinga

Davis Weatherlink Ticker Issue
« on: June 03, 2011, 05:38:23 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I edited the default .htx to show a few additional environmental readings and since then the ticker is no longer showing any details. I've attached a screen shot of the examples. In addition, my understanding is that the ticker will use the data.htm and or history.htm and they are both uploaded as well.

What's changed and how can I fix this?

Thank you in advance.
Bruce

Offline xykotik

• DonkeyTailWX DW6891
  • Forecaster
  • I'll deal with it tomorrow
    • DonkeyTail Weather
Re: Davis Weatherlink Ticker Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 09:05:32 AM »
It is most likely a syntax error in your edit, like adding an extra or leaving out a bracket. Also make sure there are no extra commas, apostrophies, quotes, slashes, etc. that aren't part of the WL tags. Check your help file to make sure that the WL tags you are using are valid for your setup.  Compare your edited version with your original and check carefully for such.  If you no longer have the pre-edit version, copy/paste from the default davis template (the davissticker portion) upload to make sure it works, then try to edit it again.

Keep us updated on your progress.  Good luck.

Facit solem suum oriri super bonos et malos et pluit super iustos et iniustos.

Springtime in Seattle...  March comes in like a lion and out like a wet lion.

Offline stinga

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 10:05:23 AM »
Thanks very much for the guidance and will look further into it this evening at let you know.

Take care,
Bruce

Offline stinga

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 04:30:31 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for responding so late but the update is, no go. I've looked line by line and have found no errors in what I'm doing.

Any ideas or perhaps can some one take a look at my htx file to see if something shines through?

Thank you,
Bruce

Offline Flag

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 05:32:36 AM »
If things worked before, then after you edited things, it doens't work as before then obviously this indicates an issue with your editing.

There's not enough info here to exactly diagnose the issue. Really require your entire HTX file.   

Offline stinga

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 09:47:04 AM »
Hi Everyone, I fixed the issue by using Notepad rather than N-View as was original suggested. Good ole' text editor did the trick!!

Thanks,
Bruce

Offline Flag

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 04:56:49 PM »
Flag; there you go again, "there's not enought information here". Why answer it in the first place if you can't figure it out?

What a stupid comment!

And that's correct there was not enough infomation provided to figure it out, hence the the request to 
Really require your entire HTX file.
so don't be selective with quoting in your stupid comments.

And that's exactly what people do with good communication skills, if there isn't enough info then they will ask for more or further clarification. Really a no brainer for normal people to ask for additional info.

Offline stinga

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 06:54:40 AM »
I'll agree with Flag on this one...

The fact is, Flag did help me out and am grateful for it. Simply put, "you have problems with your editing". It was that comment that made me step back and take another approach to the issue. In doing so, I was able to fix the problem and learn more about this particular htx file. Sometimes giving the answer is not always the best solution. In my opinion, pushing an individual to go back to the drawing board is always the best approach as lessons can be learned.

Thanks again Flag!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 06:14:09 AM by stinga »

anything