Author Topic: Davis WeatherLink USB Data Logger connecting to Davis VUE is not visible  (Read 838 times)

Offline roof55

• DR PRO
Hi folks!

My friend brought my USB logger for use together with Davis VUE.
Now we have installed Waetherlink software ver 6.01, just to be sure this unit are recognize while Weaterlink as this action installed the correct unit driver.
When a check control panel>system>device manager, show a UART device present as COM 5.

However, no UART is found under Weatherlink ver 6.03, Setting> Communication, serial or USB. While checking in software WatherDisplay, no unit can be found.
If any of your users have similar experiences, I would like to thank you for the first checkpoint in a solution to our problem.

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
Hi folks!

My friend brought my USB logger for use together with Davis VUE.
Now we have installed Waetherlink software ver 6.01, just to be sure this unit are recognize while Weaterlink as this action installed the correct unit driver.
When a check control panel>system>device manager, show a UART device present as COM 5.

However, no UART is found under Weatherlink ver 6.03, Setting> Communication, serial or USB. While checking in software WatherDisplay, no unit can be found.
If any of your users have similar experiences, I would like to thank you for the first checkpoint in a solution to our problem.
Most common cause: One can not install a logger in a console which is powered on, by batteries or a charger.

First remove all batteries and the charger.
Wait at least 10 seconds
Check if the logger is seated firmly and correctly in the console
Then add the batteries and the charger.

===
Install the driver for windows

===
Connect the USB logger cable to the windows computer

===
Start Weatherlink.exe

Wim

Offline roof55

• DR PRO
The answer to this problem was this logger module date of production.

All modules created before 2012, while DAVIS changed module infrastructure totale after "Green point" notification, are no longer a compatible module for console created of date AFTER 2012 .

See more information here:
https://www.manula.com/manuals/pws/davis-kb/1/en/topic/green-dot-loggers