Author Topic: Weatherlink.com 2.0 announced  (Read 40919 times)

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
Re: Weatherlink.com 2.0 announced
« Reply #175 on: April 22, 2018, 12:14:52 PM »
I have only the free version, not the WeatherlinkIP nor subscription, and see both Station Embed, and Station URL on my weatherlink.com Device Menu after login

OK, please help me out here.  I have a VP2 with serial logger (not a WeatherLinkIP logger), and I'm running WeatherLink 6.0.3

I'm registered with WeatherLink 2.0, have a DID and a key, and the WeatherLink software is uploading data to WeatherLink.com - I can see the current data.  (Station name is ValleyForge, located just SouthEast of Kansas City, Missouri).

I just have a basic (free) membership.

I have logged in to WeatherLink, but I don't see a "Device Menu".  Where should I click to see that?  Or what am I misunderstanding?

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #176 on: April 22, 2018, 12:16:53 PM »
Click on the spanner (sorry, wrench), upper right. If you can't see that then click first on the hamburger.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #177 on: April 22, 2018, 12:41:07 PM »
Click on the spanner (sorry, wrench), upper right. If you can't see that then click first on the hamburger.

Thanks!   :eek:

That sure wasn't obvious (to me).

Offline wicked

« Reply #178 on: April 22, 2018, 01:40:02 PM »
Great stuff thanks - I am in WL 2.0 all the time but never bothered to dig back into those menus after setting it up.

Wish you could customize what it shows.  I hate that Davis does not show THSW on bulletin page - be nice to have it on these new links also.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #179 on: May 09, 2018, 10:07:05 AM »
Just noticed that at log in there is an additional link for old Weatherlink users. or had I missed that before.
WL

Why Weatherlink? Pricing Log In

Welcome to WeatherLink 2.0Access all of your EnviroMonitor for personal weather station data, all in one place. 

I updated my station in wl,com v.2.0 for the new VP2 Plus and now bulletin shows solar, et and uv.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #180 on: May 09, 2018, 10:33:10 AM »
For those of you running "legacy" WL and upgrading to 2.0, are you all paying for it?
I refuse to pay extra for it, being cheap  :lol:
I thought that there was a rollout for prior users of WL coming "soon"....

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #181 on: May 09, 2018, 01:44:27 PM »
For those of you running "legacy" WL and upgrading to 2.0, are you all paying for it?
I refuse to pay extra for it, being cheap  :lol:
I thought that there was a rollout for prior users of WL coming "soon"....

That's not really an accurate summary. Moving to 2.0 is separate from paying anything.

2.0 has two tiers: Basic (free) which gives you access to Bulletin, storage of 10,000 records, mobile app and certain other basic features. Pro adds access to the Data and Chart menus plus other things.

If you're already on 1.0 then you should have the option of  moving across to the 2.0 platform sometime in the next 2-3 months (was due to be by the end of June, but one or two straws in the wind that this may be slipping a bit).

For those on 1.0 and uploading via WLv6 (doesn't apply to other uploads like IP, Connect etc) then there's nothing to stop you abandoning the 1.0 account and reregistering for 2.0, which as above is free if you're content with the Basic tier, But of course you'll lose continuity with your existing account and maybe a little confusion down the line when your 1.0 account is due for migration to 2.0.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 01:46:05 PM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline casacota

• Observatori de Sant Martí de Canals
« Reply #182 on: June 15, 2018, 01:39:14 PM »
Well, be carefull. I had an paid account on Weatherlink 2.0. Since I had also some other stations on Weatherlink 1.0 I did migrate these on my PRO account. As a result, my paid account is no longer PRO, althought paid. This is an unacceptable bug!

Offline Old Tele man

• Singing in the rain...
  • Forecaster
« Reply #183 on: June 15, 2018, 01:56:41 PM »
Like I said, "new" bugs are not worth rushing out and signing up for.

All I want is the SAME functions as were 'paid for' when the Davis WeatherLink-IP software was purchased...nothing more, nothing less.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:33:42 AM by Old Tele man »
• SYS: Davis VP2 Vue/WL-IP & Envoy8X/WL-USB;
• DBX2 & DBX1 Precision Digital Barographs
• CWOP: DW6988 - 2 miles NNE of Cortaro, AZ
• WU - KAZTUCSO202, Countryside

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #184 on: June 19, 2018, 03:12:58 AM »
Well, be carefull. I had an paid account on Weatherlink 2.0. Since I had also some other stations on Weatherlink 1.0 I did migrate these on my PRO account. As a result, my paid account is no longer PRO, althought paid. This is an unacceptable bug!

Have you tried to place more than 3 non-cell (ie USB or IP logger) stations in one account? If so then this will be the explanation. You need to move stations beyond the 3 to another account and, if required, upgrade to Pro on that second (etc) account also.

To put it another way: A Pro account allows UP TO 3 logger (non-cell) stations on a single account but no more. Pro is not a way of having an unlimited number of logger stations at Pro tier on an account with just one upgrade payment. Cell stations (Connect or EM) shouldn't count towards this total.

Sounds like you need to talk to Davis to move the 'extra' stations out to another account.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 04:19:11 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline casacota

• Observatori de Sant Martí de Canals
« Reply #185 on: June 19, 2018, 03:18:29 AM »
You're right, this was the explanation. Only 3 devices on a single PRO account. Basic accounts don't have this limitation.

Have you tried to place more than 3 non-cell (ie USB or IP logger) stations in one account? If so then this will be the explanation. You need to move stations beyond the 3 to another account and, if required, upgrade to Pro on that second (etc) account also.

To put it another way: A Pro account allows UP TO 3 logger (non-cell) stations on a single account but no more. Pro is not a way of having an unlimited number of logger stations on an account with just one upgrade payment. Cell stations (Connect or EM) shouldn't count towards this total.

Sounds like you need to talk to Davis to move the 'extra' stations out to another account.

Offline ephyra

« Reply #186 on: June 19, 2018, 06:23:02 PM »

Hello everybody. Perhaps my question has been already answered above. I would appreciate in the case someone helps me.
I have completed the migration of my Davis Vantage Pro 2 to Weatherlink 2.0 following the
guidelines sent by a recent email by Davis. I understand that my old WeatherLink 1.0 account was deleted.
 Until today I have been using the traditional computer software Weather link 6.0.3 in order to download
the data from Davis Servers through web download. I used my username and password. The data was uploaded to their servers
via Weatherlink IP that I have been using for almost a decade. Unfortunately the weather station is placed in a remote location
and I do not have a pc running there. After the station migration, I cannot download data and the message "no new data
to download" appears.
I am also using these days the Weatherlink Pro trial to see the data, all appears well on their Cloud however the data before migration is missing.
Is there a chance to continue downloading data on my WL 6.0.3 somehow? I got no response from Davis.
Many thanks in advance!

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #187 on: June 19, 2018, 06:29:59 PM »
Ephyra, I am going through the process with 1 test station at present and don't have all the answers as yet but at this point it does appear V1 migrated data is not downloadable from the V2 site, only new data uploaded to the V2 site. Then again I am not running Pro just the basic version, unsure how this affects things?

You shouldn't have to do anything with your remote setup (as such) but you should upgrade WeatherLink from 6.0.3 to 6.0.4 where you will be able to input the logger DID in the Web Download box. WeatherLink 6.0.4 is only an upgrade and can be downloaded from the Davis support pages

Offline ephyra

« Reply #188 on: June 19, 2018, 06:55:41 PM »
Mattk, thank you very very much for the reply! I already upgraded to 6.0.4 and now I can download the data as before. This saved me a lot of time.

I upgraded to the Weatherlink Pro plan today (trial version for 30 days) and indeed I cannot download data before the migration from WLv1 to WLv2. The graphics are better, I have not explored everything yet. Someone can download data (excel format) but the downside is that the list of variables is different to the one for data downloaded directly from their servers via weatherlink 6.0.4. So it will be a bit challenging to merge the two datasets (but it is doable).

The one thing that is striking, even in the basic version, is that the data in the wind rose sometimes seems to be from other ... stations... The units keep changing to unwanted choices (from knots to mph or m/sec) and I do not have full control of it. Has anyone else noticed that same?

Again many thanks!

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #189 on: June 20, 2018, 03:56:43 AM »
Someone can download data (excel format) but the downside is that the list of variables is different to the one for data downloaded directly from their servers via weatherlink 6.0.4. So it will be a bit challenging to merge the two datasets (but it is doable).

This is really no different to 1.0. If you want to download the archive data into local Weatherlink for Windows then you can continue to do that - no problem (just remember to use the DID in place of username). The text download direct from 2.0 resembles the Browse|Export feature in local WL - the order/name etc of the data there has always been different from the archive downloads, quite apart from one being binary and the other text. And you do also have the option of eg JSON downloads from 2.0 via the API.

But, also, in 2.0 the format has to be extensible because the range of sensors is much more open-ended than was ever the case with 1.0. Quite apart from EM, just suppose (wild speculation here) that there was a VP3 being readied for launch that allowed 2 or 3 anemometers or rain gauges on a station. How you could you fit that data easily into the old fixed format?

The one thing that is striking, even in the basic version, is that the data in the wind rose sometimes seems to be from other ... stations... The units keep changing to unwanted choices (from knots to mph or m/sec) and I do not have full control of it. Has anyone else noticed that same?

I don't know why you're seeing an issue - in general the wind data presentation is fine and stable.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 03:59:46 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #190 on: June 20, 2018, 06:42:05 AM »
One thing that is totally lacking is any reference to date/time as there is no indication on the WeatherLink Bulletin or Summary of any Date/Time and just how up to date or not the info is.

The only indication I can find of any data currency is on the station URL links which aren't something an owner is really going to check much anyway but one would have thought data Date & Time completeness would show on both Bulletin pages? 

It does appear a lot of useful station feedback data/info that was available on V1 has not been included in V2?

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #191 on: June 20, 2018, 07:24:10 AM »
One thing that is totally lacking is any reference to date/time as there is no indication on the WeatherLink Bulletin or Summary of any Date/Time and just how up to date or not the info is.

The last update time is there, but you need the tools pane on the right-hand side closed to see it (you can reopen it with the hamburger, top-right) - it's not ideal UI design but it is there.

It does appear a lot of useful station feedback data/info that was available on V1 has not been included in V2?

Well, do make some feedback to support@weatherlink.com . I suspect that the developers are pretty busy right now implementing eg the data sharing option and one or two other things due by end of Q2, plus preparing for the mass migration. But I'd guess that in a few weeks' time they'll be ready to listen to feedback.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #192 on: June 20, 2018, 10:07:04 AM »
The last update time is there, but you need the tools pane on the right-hand side closed to see it (you can reopen it with the hamburger, top-right) - it's not ideal UI design but it is there.
@johnd can you indicate exactly where I can see the latest update time/date?  I have often looked for it and just can't see it anywhere.  Is it perhaps because I am uploading with WiFiLogger and using free version?
Paul

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #193 on: June 20, 2018, 10:41:01 AM »
@johnd can you indicate exactly where I can see the latest update time/date?  I have often looked for it and just can't see it anywhere.  Is it perhaps because I am uploading with WiFiLogger and using free version?

I doubt that it's anything to do with the WFL but can't be 100% sure.

To see the upload time you must have the tools pane on the right hand side of eg the Bulletin screen closed. If you can see an 'x' in the top right within the Bulletin screen then the tools pane is likely still open. The last update time is then on the right of the second title line - the same line as the station name and the icons for the Bulletin or Summary display. As before, if an update times out the reported last update time turns red.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 10:47:30 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #194 on: June 20, 2018, 10:50:08 AM »
To see the upload time you must have the tools pane on the right hand side of eg the Bulletin screen closed. If you can see an 'x' in the top right of the screen then the tools pane is likely still open.
Got it :oops: , thanks John,
Paul

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #195 on: June 21, 2018, 01:27:24 AM »
Yep found it now too. I have really been looking hard at and thinking about V2 over the past few days with 1 test station manually migrated but I have been gradually loosing a real feel for V2 and today it has appeared to be dead all day so haven't done much with it today.

V2 really has an uneasy feel about it ATM, too little info compared to V1 and too much self advertising imbedded in URL's with quite a few little quirks and missing info. Hopefully before any rash bulk migration the entire systems needs some jigging and a bit more time to settle down.   

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #196 on: June 21, 2018, 03:49:16 AM »
The timetable for the mass migration was for it to happen by the end of June - less than 10 days' time. I don't know whether that's still the plan or if it's slipped a bit, but we're certainly expecting it within eg the next 3-4 weeks, unless Davis announce a stay of execution.

I doubt that the data presentation is going to change much - that's all been working quite robustly for the past many months. Any outage yesterday was maybe down to the Australian part of AWS (in the Amazon sense that is) - all seemed fine here in Europe. Most remaining tweaks seem to be with account admin and eg the introduction of data sharing as is currently possible on 2.0 with EM systems.

But don't just moan here - tell Davis about what you're dissatisfied with - if you don't tell them they'll never know. Email eg support@weatherlink.com .
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #197 on: June 21, 2018, 06:44:57 AM »
Back on line now.

No doubt if some of the finer points remain unfixed then we will make some notification but right now still getting into understanding and just how to make the best decisions re managing multiple stations. What I don't want to have to do is suddenly find oh no that was the wrong thing to do then possibly find can't back out and change direction or can't get Davis to move, change or re-hash the station setup etc   

Maybe other users can confirm a couple of issues?
Daily summary email shows "Last Updated: -" on the right hand side opposite the Davis logo but doesn't show a date
IE has some issues displaying the Signature URL 

The " Shop Weather Stations at www.davis...... etc" needs a re-think away from the continual sales pitch/subscription feel that hits you ay every turn with V2. Sure run a footer but please not something like " Shop Weather Stations at ......" really irksome. The footer of V1 provides much better info, more info, more detail, provides reference and doesn't sound like a 3 day sale advetisement 

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #198 on: June 21, 2018, 07:47:14 AM »

My personal bugbear is just how narrow the scrollbar is on the station selector list when you have multiple stations in an account. Gets me every day!

That's the penance you have to do for still using IE ;)

The " Shop Weather Stations at www.davis...... etc" needs a re-think away from the continual sales pitch/subscription feel that hits you ay every turn with V2.

You can maybe imagine how pleased non-US dealers are with that tagline!
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #199 on: June 21, 2018, 09:25:44 AM »
Daily summary email shows "Last Updated: -" on the right hand side opposite the Davis logo but doesn't show a date
No date for me either.
Last Updated: --

Gateway: KomokaWeather

Weather Station     
Temp     13.7 °C
High Temp     20.5 °C at 12:04 AM
Low Temp     15.2 °C at 5:58 AM
Hum     81.0 %
Heat Index     13.9 °C
Wind Chill     13.9 °C
Dew Point     10.6 °C
Barometer     1010.5 hPa
Wind Speed     0.0 km/h
Wind Direction     
High Wind Speed     16.1 km/h at 8:07 AM
10 Min Avg Wind     0.0 km/h
Rain Rate     0.0 mm/h
Day Rain     0.0 mm
Month Rain     23.8 mm
Year Rain     280.8 mm
Solar Rad     0 W/m^2
High Solar Rad     0 W/m^2 at --
UV Index     0.0
High UV Index     0.0 at --

This email has been sent to xxxx@komokaweather.com at your request.
Davis Instruments Inc., 3465 Diablo Ave, Hayward, CA 94545

I can't get it to fully load using IE10

Paul

anything