Author Topic: Phantom rain readings on Meteobridge PRO (Red)  (Read 581 times)

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
Phantom rain readings on Meteobridge PRO (Red)
« on: July 17, 2017, 08:42:13 AM »
Yesterday and the day prior, I had rain amounts of 1.28", and 2.56". Another occurred after zeroing out the data in the history, with 0.64" showing up. These were a single event with no other indications.

The gauge is on station #6 as a "Rain Station" (NovaLynx gauge). My normal ISS channel (Davis gauge) did not show anything. My meteohub data also showed zero for the #6 channel "rain station". Consequently, this was not a tipping bucket problem or even a SIM transmitter issue.

The readings 0.64, 1.28, and 2.56 inches raise my suspicions about this being some kind of numeric glitch in the MB Pro.

I ran the firmware update yesterday evening and this morning it is still OK at "zero".

Has anyone seen this kind of unexplained rain totals (not SIM, not reed switch, etc.) with a MB (Pro or otherwise)?

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
Re: Phantom rain readings on Meteobridge PRO (Red)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 03:20:44 PM »
Well, it happened again after a brief hiatus of no false rain indication. It once again indicated "0.64 inches" as a single reading. Strangeness.

I have reverted back to the "ISS" based Davis VP2 rain instead of the "Rain Station". I can still see the NovaLynx gauge totals from meteohub, which is working fine.

If anyone has a solution for this (Boris?), I would be glad to try it again. Meanwhile, I zeroed out as much of the false data as I could.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

anything