Author Topic: Blitzortung System Blue SOLD  (Read 2449 times)

Offline jeffm5690

• Forecaster
    • Long Island New York Weather
Blitzortung System Blue SOLD
« on: June 24, 2017, 02:35:24 PM »
I have a System Blue that I am thinking of selling if someone is interested.  I ended up with a contract deal with USPLN and do not need two systems (also never finished the antenna build).  It is FULLY ASSEMBLED and comes with the power supply, GPS Antenna and I even have an almost fully assembled field antenna with all the windings complete.  Please see the photos and if interested, let me know ASAP with an offer.  I would require PayPal payment or money order for quick shipping.  I have a few other people interested from other boards so I am not sure how long I will have it!

Best,

Jeff

PM Me [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 09:42:04 PM by jeffm5690 »

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
Re: Blitzortung System Blue
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 04:57:10 PM »
I ended up with a contract deal with USPLN and do not need two systems

Why not?  Redundancy is good, no?  And they report to different places.

I was considering both.

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 05:09:21 PM »
Jeff,
I have had first (and still do) Blitz and secondly came on with TOA this spring.

While they both watch for strikes, they offer vastly different information, despite thinking that they'd both see and report strikes.

Having some relatively 'local' storms move by I see that both systems fail to report known strikes, it is the nature of the beast the way they are designed and the software that has to be satisfied

While TOA gives nice zoomable displays, and makes an estimate of the current for CG strikes, the Blitz system gives you far more control over what you see, with lightningmaps.org and the individual controller being able to send you much more info than TOA gives you.

Unless you have a major financial bind, I'd keep both to try.  I'd be hard pressed to give  up one or the other, although I'd probably hang on to the Blitz if pushed, just becasue it gives me so much more info than just strikes on a map.

PS, I wonder if it hasn't been sold you might say what your minimum, non-insulting, price would be and let it bid up from there?  I doubt most people would have any idea what the equipment, plus some for assembly, cost you.

Good luck!  Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 05:09:32 PM »
... one winds up as commercial for sale data, with a 'NAME" credential attached... the other is Hobbyist, learning, experimental.... but with many anonymous credentials, such as NASA, NOAA, etc.

Offline halifax

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 09:00:37 AM »
Available? PM sent, too.
Davis VP2+, NOAA POES Rx Station, SkyCam, Sandy Brook BrookCam. WU KCTCOLEB1. CWOP N1QVE. CoCoRaHS CT-LT-15. PurpleAir AQM Colebrook, CT.

Offline jeffm5690

• Forecaster
    • Long Island New York Weather
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 05:55:32 PM »
Available? PM sent, too.

Yes - I replied to your email.  Did not see a PM.