Author Topic: What's Your Bloomsky Station?  (Read 23841 times)

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Re: What's Your Bloomsky Station?
« Reply #150 on: August 11, 2016, 06:57:31 PM »
Strange happening.   We had a hard short rain and my Bloomsky just plain quit.   No updates, it shut down.  So... I had to reset it several times and right now it sits in the picture window in the family room.   I think I have one item figured out.  It doesn't follow the calendar or the time, but the light.   There are two sensors on the top. One is for the UV, the other is a solar on /off switch.  When the daylight gets to a certain level, it either turns the camera on or off.

But I have no idea why it suddenly stopped working.

I left it inside last night to see what happened.    I am wondering if it shuts down if the rain gets too bad.   We are due for more serious rain today.   If it loses transmission, I am going to ask the boss if she would mind it being closer to the house.

Rain should not cause it to fail.  Its possible the battery went low since its new.   When plugged into the A/C adapter if you get the Red LED its charging and will turn off when fully charged.  If you still can't get it online after that then I would contact BloomSky support sorry to say...

I think it is defective.  I wrote them and they said send them the order number, but of course I got it from Amazon.  I gave it to them anyway.    Now it won't connect to the router.  I can see it.  So I did the form they have to see if one of their engineers can connect it remotely.  I have my doubts.

I am leaving town for a week, so I may have to deal with this when I get back.  Maybe they might do an exchange or something.  Not sure.

Offline SpringHillWeather

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2016, 07:11:52 PM »
Strange happening.   We had a hard short rain and my Bloomsky just plain quit.   No updates, it shut down.  So... I had to reset it several times and right now it sits in the picture window in the family room.   I think I have one item figured out.  It doesn't follow the calendar or the time, but the light.   There are two sensors on the top. One is for the UV, the other is a solar on /off switch.  When the daylight gets to a certain level, it either turns the camera on or off.

But I have no idea why it suddenly stopped working.

I left it inside last night to see what happened.    I am wondering if it shuts down if the rain gets too bad.   We are due for more serious rain today.   If it loses transmission, I am going to ask the boss if she would mind it being closer to the house.

Rain should not cause it to fail.  Its possible the battery went low since its new.   When plugged into the A/C adapter if you get the Red LED its charging and will turn off when fully charged.  If you still can't get it online after that then I would contact BloomSky support sorry to say...

I think it is defective.  I wrote them and they said send them the order number, but of course I got it from Amazon.  I gave it to them anyway.    Now it won't connect to the router.  I can see it.  So I did the form they have to see if one of their engineers can connect it remotely.  I have my doubts.

I am leaving town for a week, so I may have to deal with this when I get back.  Maybe they might do an exchange or something.  Not sure.

Unfortunately this has been happening to like 1 and 5 new BloomSky's users here it seems.   They will send you a replacement once you go through the motions.  They usually just work, many would agree but mine also died shortly after I first got it and the replacement and has been trouble-free (knock on wood / no jinx) in all weather and bird conditions without bother for 6 months now. 

Sorry that you may have a bad one but hopefully they'll sort it out quickly for you.

Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew
Ambient 1001 | ObserverIP | Meteobridge | MeteoPlug

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #152 on: August 11, 2016, 07:35:28 PM »
I am sure they want their program to work.   It might even be related to their app.   

I deleted the station on the iPhone app and installed as new.   I noticed that  the power switch barely makes a good click sound. I noticed that when I got it.  I would go through the entire setup and it would say it connected, but it hasn't all that is on the screen is a --- for the temp and a pissed me look.  I suspect that might scroll off after midnight.

I had the idea that the solar panel and unit was 35 feet from the house, perhaps that during a rain, the signal from my Netgear R6400 unit wasn't strong enough to connect. So I hoofed across town to Best Buy and got a Linksys WRT 1900 ACS  . I have had good results with Linksys and this unit is a kickass unit for a very large house.   I set it up and it works as intended.  I even switched off the 5ghz band.   

So it sets up and I can see the Bloomsky in their router app, but it isn't sending data.  I am thinking as you said, something is not right.

What sucks for me, is that  I am going out of town Sunday for a week and will have to deal with this thing when I get back.  I can do that.  At least the main station is working.

Maybe after I get back they will have their version 2 units, and I could work something out to pay the difference for the fancy unit.

the only thing worse, is the wife insists watching CNN on Donal Trump.   grrrrrrrr

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #153 on: August 11, 2016, 08:52:59 PM »
Good luck with that.
I'm on my 3rd unit. So far so good.
It does suck to have a problem you want to troubleshoot but you have to leave it alone for a week.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #154 on: August 11, 2016, 09:30:54 PM »
it spit out an image about an hour ago.  I am just going to leave it plugged in to the wall wart and sitting in the house.    I am curious how this plays out.   When I get back, I am going to contact Bloomsky and see about having them either repair or exchange it. 

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #155 on: August 12, 2016, 12:47:17 PM »
it spit out an image about an hour ago.  I am just going to leave it plugged in to the wall wart and sitting in the house.    I am curious how this plays out.   When I get back, I am going to contact Bloomsky and see about having them either repair or exchange it.

Looks like its working today.  Maybe was low battery or just too far away from the router.  Also do you have the Solar Panel Kit?
Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #156 on: August 12, 2016, 12:50:46 PM »

Looks like its working today.  Maybe was low battery or just too far away from the router.  Also do you have the Solar Panel Kit?

yes, I have the panel.    I have had it on the charger all night.  About midnight it came  back on line and has been updating.   I don't know what the problem is.  I am going to take it outside and see if it will retain the wifi connection.   I got a honking big router now.     The rain thing is still a mystery.

https://map.bloomsky.com/weather-stations/gqBxp6apnJSnm5eq

Offline Yank61s

• Davis Weatherlink
« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2016, 07:45:56 PM »

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2016, 05:14:19 PM »
This is getting long in the tooth.
Bloomsky sent me a replacement unit and solar panel,  here is the new URL for my site:
Des Moines, IA 
https://map.bloomsky.com/weather-stations/gqBxp6apnJSnnZy4

I think we are good for now. 

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #159 on: August 30, 2016, 08:46:56 PM »
Bloomsky sent me a replacement unit and solar panel,  here is the new URL for my site:
Des Moines, IA 

Good news Aardvark, I've added your updated station to the list.

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=28921.msg281843#msg281843
Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #160 on: August 30, 2016, 10:11:21 PM »
Des Moines, IA 

Good news Aardvark, I've added your updated station to the list.

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=28921.msg281843#msg281843

Lordy I hope we are done here.  I donated to their kickstarter program and opted for their storm  unit.   we'll see how that flies

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #161 on: August 31, 2016, 11:48:10 AM »
Yup, I hear that. 

The Storm kick-starter just finished so hopefully they get them going quickly and they work!
Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew

Offline saberonyx

• my weather and astronomy site
« Reply #162 on: November 21, 2016, 08:14:39 AM »
Im POPPA         
https://map.bloomsky.com/weather-stations/gqBxp6apnJSnraam

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk