Author Topic: WS-2812 Sudden catastrophic failure  (Read 2197 times)

Offline icebound

WS-2812 Sudden catastrophic failure
« on: June 24, 2015, 10:20:38 AM »
My WS2812 has been flawless for 4 years, (except for wind sensor battery replacement)...

... but it failed suddenly at midnight a few weeks ago, with all remote sensor info going to --- ..

The usual resets with new, meter-tested batteries  have been attempted.  Factory reset has been done. 

The symptom would suggest the temp/hygro failure, and thus failure to communicate the sensor info to base.  But the base also refuses to sync with the USB Stick, which leads me to believe it is the base's RF which is at fault.  The base display seems fine, all indoor values are there.... and all buttons seem to work as advertised... including the PC-Scan (which never finds the stick)

Just wondering if anybody had anything similar ....

« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 10:23:17 AM by icebound »

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
Re: WS-2812 Sudden catastrophic failure
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 02:27:18 PM »
I had the same issue a few years back. No longer own one of those stations. I now own a Davis Vantage Vue.  \:D/

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 08:09:08 PM »
It does sound like the transceiver section in your console has issues. Anything new in the area that uses the 900Mhz band that may be causing interference?

Offline icebound

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 09:53:55 PM »
Nothing in my house.  Or visible in neighbourhood.  I had them all within 5 feet of  each other.  They should have been able to override all but the strongest interference.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 10:25:07 PM by icebound »

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 10:43:41 PM »
That's too bad. I could describe a possibility with the thermo/hygro to try but that wouldn't do you any good if you can't communicate with the dongle. Never experienced that problem. Hope you can resolve it.